TalkAboutSexxx.com

Sex and sexuality news and information forum

forum - business directory - image gallery

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Israel and sex
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

200,000 people take part in Tel Aviv gay pride parade
Helena Piontek
9 June 2017

Tel Aviv (dpa) - Some 200,000 people took part in Tel Aviv's gay pride parade on Friday, according to the city's administration, which organizes the event.

The theme of this year's event, the largest of its kind in the Middle East and happening for the 20th time, is "bisexual visibility." At the parade, bisexuals Neomi Serrusi and Tom Cohen, who have been a couple for four years, were happy about this year's theme.

"A year ago, Neomi said to me she wanted to suggest bisexuality as the theme of the parade. I laughed and said, 'That'll never work,'" Tom said ahead of the post-parade party. The couple say that bisexuals have trouble being accepted on the gay scene. "Many people think it is only a phase. 'Some day you'll know if you are gay or hetero,' they say to me," the 27-year-old aide to an Israeli member of parliament said.

The couple say that although they feel part of the LGBT scene, sometimes when they kiss they get sideways glances. "I'm in a relationship with Tom, but I still find women attractive," Neomi, 30, said. "Being bisexual doesn't mean that you want to go to bed with the whole world," Tom added.

Margo Golan, 15, also said she was at the parade to offer her support. "Bisexuals are often valued on the scene as less than gays and lesbians," she said. "I'm here to support the bisexuals."

Tel Aviv is believed to have the largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community in the region.

The parade started at 11 am at Meir Park, where the city's LGBT community centre is located, and made its way through the city and along the coast to a massive beach party in Charles Core Park "from 3 pm to sunset," according to the organizers. "We still have a long road ahead of us until we are a society in which everyone feels equal, is equal, and can live their lives as they want," Tel Aviv Mayor Ron Huldai said as he opened the parade.

Tel Aviv councillor Efrat Tolkowsky hoped people would see the great success of the parade. "The parade is a clear statement that we are here, we are strong and we are many," Tolkowsky said.

Thousands of officers were deployed to the route of the parade and surrounding areas for security, according to the police.

In 2005, an ultra-Orthodox Jew attacked the pride parade in the more conservative city of Jerusalem and stabbed three people. Two years ago shortly after being released from prison for that attack, the same man stabbed a 16-year-old girl to death and injured six others.

Source: dpa

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6