TalkAboutSexxx.com

Sex and sexuality news and information forum

forum - business directory - image gallery

It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 7:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

Stargazers spot heavenly smile

By LEON WATSON
1 December 2008

THIS will put a smile on your face — the biggest grin you'll EVER see.

Stargazers in Australia have spotted Venus, Jupiter and a crescent moon coming together to send a message of happiness to Earth. But unfortunately it seems the heavens are smiling on only one side of the world. While people in the state of Western Australia had the best view — with the moon appearing closer to the "eyes" — us Brits won't see it at all.

Be happy

By the time the sun sets for Europe and Africa the moon will appear between the planets, pushing the "mouth" between the "eyes" to create a weird scrambled face effect. And in the US, the effect will be REVERSED and will appear as a grumpy FROWN. According to experts the best time to see the phenomenon has been around 20 to 30 minutes after sunset. And even though the planets and moon appeared to be close together, in reality they weren't.

The crescent moon is 403,000km away while Venus is 149.5million kilometres away. Jupiter is 870million kilometres away.

David Widdowson, from astronomy calendar website Astrovisuals, said the heavens might be trying to send us a message to shrug off bad financial times and be happy. He added: "It is perhaps a reminder that things aren"t so bad and that we should try to follow the Python Commandment to 'always look on the bright side of life'."

Source: The Sun UK.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

Sri Lankan prisoners take part in a walk to mark World AIDS Day in Colombo. Governments across the globe pledged Monday to step up the fight against HIV, combatting the stigma associated with the disease and promising to bankroll treatment programmes on World AIDS Day.

For more information on HIV and AIDS please see our Living with HIV/AIDS topic.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

A pupil stands inside a transparent sphere with the inscription "Fight AIDS, not people with AIDS" during a performance on World AIDS day in Berlin. Governments across the globe pledged Monday to step up the fight against HIV, combatting the stigma associated with the virus and promising to bankroll treatment programmes on the 20th annual World AIDS Day.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Children light candles during a march to mark World Aids Day in Olongapo city, Zambales, northern Philippines. Governments across the globe pledged Monday to step up the fight against HIV, combatting the stigma associated with the virus and promising to bankroll treatment programmes on the 20th annual World AIDS Day.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:49 am 
Site Admin

Star gazers look at the crescent moon below Jupiter (top) and Venus in Kathmandu December 1, 2008.
REUTERS/Gopal Chitrakar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

A rare positioning of planets Venus (top left) and Jupiter (top right) and a crescent moon form a smiley over the Philippines
Picture: AP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

A plane flies past a crescent moon over downtown Los Angeles
Picture: AP

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1987 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133