It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

victor wrote:
From Times Online
April 14, 2009
Singer with most popular German band faces jail for 'infecting man with HIV'

(Ian West/PA) Benaissa was arrested shortly before she was due to give a solo performance
Fran Yeoman in Berlin

A singer with Germany"s most successful girl band has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm by infecting a partner with HIV.

Source: Times Online UK.

German HIV-positive singer charged over unprotected sex
12 February 2010

Darmstadt, Germany (dpa) — A member of Germany's leading female pop group has been charged with infecting a man with the AIDS virus through unprotected sex, prosecutors said Friday.

Nadja Benaissa, a 27-year-old singer with the group No Angels, was formally charged with causing grievous bodily harm, the prosecutor's office in the western city of Darmstadt said.

Benaissa is alleged to have had unprotected sex with several male partners between 2004 and 2006, although she was aware of her own infection with HIV, the virus which causes AIDS.

One of the men is now HIV-positive, possibly as a consequence of his sexual relations with the singer. In addition to the grievous bodily harm charge, Benaissa was also charged with four counts of attempted grievous bodily harm.

No Angels are Germany's most successful girl band, with 5 million album sales in their first three years. The group was formed in 2000, when they won in the Popstars talent competition on German RTL television.

Benaissa was arrested in April 2009 shortly before she was to perform solo in a Frankfurt disco. She spent 10 days in custody after the investigating judge decided there was a risk she would repeat the alleged offence. If found guilty, Benaissa could face six months to ten years in prison. The singer has one daughter, born in 1999. No Angels performed Germany's entry to the 2008 Eurovision song contest, in which they came last.

Source: Earth Times / dpa.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:43 am 
Site Admin

KC and the Sunshine Band pop star held over teenage boy sex claims
Thursday, 25 March 2010

Richard R. Finch

A music producer and co-founder of KC and the Sunshine Band responsible for such hits as Shake Your Booty and Keep It Comin' Love acknowledged having sex with teenage boys, US police said.

Richard R. Finch, 56, was arrested on Tuesday after a boy told authorities he'd had sexual contact with him at Finch's home in Newark, the Licking County sheriff's office said. The boy made the revelation last week. Finch, while being interviewed at the sheriff's office, admitted he'd had sex with that boy and others ranging in age from 13 to 17, police said.

Finch, a former bass player for the band and a seven-time Grammy Award winner, was being held at the sheriff's office on 250,000 US dollars bond. A message posted on the website of Richard Finch Productions said the allegations against the producer were baseless.

"We will let due process happen through the legal system," it said, "and through that, we are sure Mr Finch will be vindicated from these unfounded allegations."

No date had been set for Finch's arraignment, said Sergeant Kevin Biller, who wouldn't disclose the evidence that led to Finch's arrest or the possible charges against him.

Source: The Independent UK.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

Steven Seagal accused of sex trafficking and sexual assault

Steven Seagal, the action movie star, used one woman as a "sex toy" and kept others who were on call 24 hours a day to satisfy his desires, according to a former employee.

By Ben Leach
14 April 2010

Steven Seagal

Kayden Nguyen, 23, a former model, has filed a £650,000 lawsuit against the star of Under Siege and Exit Wounds. Miss Nguyen claims she was treated as a "sex toy" and was sexually assaulted three times after applying to be his personal assistant. The 58-year-old is also said to have kept two Russian "attendants" who were on call 24 hours a day to satisfy his demands.

Miss Nguyen alleges she was hired by Seagal as an "executive assistant" after answering a job advertisement placed on Craigslist in February. She claims that within a few days of starting Seagal told her that his wife "wouldn't care" if she was "his lover". Miss Nguyen was flown by private jet to the actor"s home in a remote rural area near New Orleans, Louisiana. She claims that over the next five days, she was sexually assaulted three times by Seagal. She says that during her first night on the job, Seagal demanded a "massage" and then proceeded to "treat Ms. Nguyen as his sex toy".

The suit alleges that Seagal and his co-workers with the production company ignored her repeated complaints and the assaults continued, including a "vicious sexual attack" on the second night.

Miss Nguyen claims she fled the house in a taxi on Sunday, February 28, under the pretence of meeting family members. She was so much "in fear for her personal safety that she left behind everything that she owned, including her car keys, her laptop, her clothes and hundreds of dollars worth of make-up."

The lawsuit adds that employees of Seagal's production company refused to return her property because she would not sign a release promising not to sue for the sexual assaults. As support for the claims, the lawsuit states that Seagal has a "unique physiological reaction to sexual arousal," which could be corroborated by the other "attendants".

Before being hired by Seagal, Miss Nguyen was an aspiring model, was enrolled in college and hoped to become an air traffic controller, the suit states.

Seagal is being sued for sexual harassment, illegal trafficking of females for sex, failure to prevent sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination and false representation about employment. On Tuesday his lawyer said: "The lawsuit filed by Kayden Nguyen is a ridiculous and absurd claim by a disgruntled ex-employee who was fired."

Source: Telegraph UK.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Lawrence Taylor paid me $300 for sex, but I don't want to 'ruin his reputation,' teen hooker says
BY Kerry Burke and Leo Standora
Tuesday, May 11th 2010

Lawrence Taylor, accused of rape, sits in court Thursday during his arraignment in Ramapo.
Pool/ The Journal News

The baby-faced hooker Lawrence Taylor is accused of raping said Monday night she hadn't recognized the Giants great and now doesn't want to "ruin his reputation."

The 16-year-old said Taylor was no brute - but not very charming, either. "He paid me $300 cash to have sex with him," said the petite, curly-haired teen whose pimp brought her to LT's hotel room. "I got it over with as quickly as I could. Afterward, all he said was turn off the TV before you leave." She said she was brought to a Holiday Inn in Rockland County by Rasheed Davis, 36, who she says brutally beat her and forced her to have sex with Taylor.

Davis has been charged with sex trafficking.

Speaking outside her uncle's apartment building on Westchester Ave. in the Bronx, the girl said she thinks Davis should go to jail "for a long time," but she is not so sure about Taylor. "I was a huge Giant fan," she said, "and I used to look up to him." She added, "I don't want to ruin his reputation," despite what happened in the hotel room. "After all," she said, "He's in the Hall of Fame and he won two Super Bowls."

The teen said the door to Taylor's room was open when she arrived that night. "I walked in and it was dark," she said. "The only light was coming from the TVs in the living room and the bedroom. Lawrence Taylor was naked. We made some small conversation at the start. "I didn't know who he was and he didn't tell me his name, either. He just said he was from Miami. "He asked my age, and I told him I was 19," said the girl, who looks considerably younger. "I knew what I was there for, and if I didn't give him what he wanted, there would be consequences from Rasheed. I was afraid."

The teenager said she had another concern. "The condom got stuck in me," she said. "I told him, 'I'd better not get pregnant,' and he said, 'It's all right - I'm fixed.'"

The youngster, who said she now lives with her father, wants to turn her life around before it's too late and "move forward." Gently touching a shiner around her right eye - which she said she received from Davis - she smiled and said, "I want to go back to school to get my GED, and maybe - someday - become a pediatrician."

Source: New York Daily News.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:10 am 
Site Admin

German singer confesses in HIV trial
16 August 2010

Nadja Benaissa

German pop star Nadja Benaissa admitted on the opening day of her trial Monday not telling sexual partners, with whom she had unprotected sex, that she was HIV positive.

"I am so sorry," the contrite-looking 28-year-old told the court in Darmstadt near Frankfurt, dressed in a purple shirt and with her hair tied back. She denied however intending to infect anyone with the virus. Benaissa, a member of the all-female pop group No Angels, was arrested last April just as she was about to perform at a Frankfurt nightclub and spent 10 days in custody before being released.

In February this year she was charged with causing bodily harm. If convicted Benaissa faces between six months and 10 years in prison. A verdict is due on on August 26. According to the charge sheet, she had sex on five occasions between 2000 and 2004 with three people and did not tell them she was infected, even though she had known since 1999. One of the three had since been confirmed as being infected with the HIV virus, which causes AIDS, prosecutors had said in February.

No Angels shot to fame in 2000 thanks to a television talent show and had a string of hits in central Europe before splitting up in 2003. They reformed in 2007 and competed in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest. Before her arrest the fact that she was HIV positive was not public. When she was charged the news was leaked to the press, sparking a debate about trial by media in a country that partly for historical reasons is highly sensitive about privacy and the presumption of innocence.

The other three members of No Angels were due to appear as witnesses in the trial, which was being held in a youth court because the first alleged incident took place when Benaissa was 17.

Source: Breitbart.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

TV Star Trafficked Sex Slaves
11 August 2010

A Polish TV star is facing 15 years in jail after a vice investigation revealed he had secretly trafficked dozens of girls around the world to work as sex slaves.

Actor Miroslaw Naturalny was exposed when police investigating the murder of a Polish girl in Campobasso, Italy, discovered her links to him.

Polish prosecutor Leszek Golawski said: "We suspect the defendant forced more than 50 women into the sex slave trade."

Source: Austrian Times.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Tearful German HIV pop star escapes jail
26 August 2010

Nadja Benaissa admitted having unprotected sex and keeping her virus secret but denied intending to infect anyone

An HIV-positive pop star broke down in tears on Thursday after a German court handed her a two-year suspended sentence for infecting a former sex partner with the virus.

The court in Darmstadt, western Germany, convicted 28-year-old Nadja Benaissa, a member of girl group No Angels, on one count of grievous bodily harm and two counts of attempted bodily harm. Presiding judge Dennis Wacker also ordered her to do 300 hours of community service.

The glamorous half-Moroccan star, wearing a black top and jeans, sighed deeply with relief when the verdict was read out and shortly afterwards began to sob. She cried for several minutes, hiding her eyes with her hands. The singer had confessed to having unprotected sex and keeping her virus secret but denied intending to infect anyone during a trial that has sparked a media frenzy in Germany. She had previously made an emotional apology during closing arguments, telling the court: "I am sorry from the bottom of my heart. I would love to turn back the clock, but I can't."

The charges against Benaissa could have led to up to 10 years behind bars, but both the prosecutors and the defence argued for a suspended sentence as she had admitted to the crime and said sorry. Medical experts determined she had almost certainly infected one of her ex-boyfriends with the HIV virus, as they both had a strain of the virus that is relatively rare in Germany.

The man, who was a plaintiff in the case, launched a bitter and scathing attack on the singer during the trial, accusing her of causing "a lot of suffering in this world."

Benaissa found out she was HIV positive when she was 16 and three months pregnant and had endured a difficult youth up until that point, the court heard. She began to fall off the rails at the age of 12, fell in with the wrong crowd, and became an habitual user of soft drugs and alcohol, then a crack addict at the age of 14, living on the streets near Frankfurt station. Discovering she was HIV positive and pregnant, she tried to turn her life around and appeared on a television talent show, during which she was chosen to form part of the group No Angels, which had a string of hits, mainly in central Europe. The all-female band split up in 2003, but reformed in 2007 and competed in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest, coming 23rd out of 25 countries.

Benaissa said doctors had told her the risk of transmitting the virus was "practically zero" and she did not want to jeopardise her success by revealing she was HIV positive. When she was arrested in April 2009 just before performing at a gig in Frankfurt, the news was leaked to the press, sparking a media frenzy.

The case prompted a debate about trial by media and presumption of innocence in a country that partly for historical reasons is highly sensitive about privacy. Respected news magazine Spiegel described the trial as a "witch hunt" and AIDS organisations expressed their concern that HIV carriers would feel pressured to take sole responsibility for safe sex.

In October, an authorised biography of the singer, who is rumoured to be leaving No Angels, is due to be released with the title: "Nadja Benaissa -- Everything is going to be alright."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:25 am 
Site Admin

victor wrote:
victor wrote:
Cairo tycoon 'paid $2m for hitman to kill pop star lover'

Egyptians are shocked as prosecutors breach the immunity of rich elite to arrest a Mubarak ally

Sunday September 7 2008

Murdered Lebanese singer Suzanne Tamim. Photograph: STR/AFP
Source: The Observer UK.

Egypt tycoon sentenced to death over diva killing
May 21, 2009
By MAGGIE MICHAEL
Associated Press Writer

CAIRO (AP) - A real estate mogul with ties to Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak's son was sentenced to death Thursday for ordering the killing of a Lebanese pop star who had been his lover.

Hisham Talaat Mustafa and the woman he's accused of killing, Suzanne Tamim. Source: Breitbart.

Egypt mogul death sentence commuted to prison term
28 September 2010

Hisham Talaat Moustafa (right) and Mohsen al-Sukkari (left) stand behind bars during their trial in Cairo

Egyptian mogul Hisham Talaat Moustafa was jailed on Tuesday for 15 years for the murder of a Lebanese pop diva and ex-lover, more than a year after he was sentenced to death, state television reported.

"Hisham Talaat Moustafa was sentenced to 15 years in jail and (his associate Mohsen) al-Sukkari to 25 years for the murder of Suzanne Tamim," the report said. The pair had been sentenced in May 2009 to hang for the July 2008 murder of Tamim in Dubai but, in March, an appeals court overturned the convictions on procedural grounds and ordered a retrial.

Moustafa was an associate of President Hosni Mubarak's son, Gamal, and sat on the ruling party's policies committee. At the first trial, he was accused of having paid Sukkari, an ex-policeman, two million dollars (1.5 million euros) to cut Tamim's throat in a luxury Dubai apartment. The death sentence shocked Egypt, particularly since it targeted a prominent businessman who was close to Gamal Mubarak, 46, who is widely seen as succeeding his father in polls due next year.

The new verdict comes just days after the government said it accepted a court ruling scrapping a land deal with the Talaat Moustafa Group (TMG) -- Egypt's flagship real estate developers. Sunday's decision was taken after a court upheld a ruling which declared as illegal the purchase by TMG of 8,000 acres of desert land to build a new city because the property was not open to public auction. The court ruling saw TMG shares dip last week before making a recovery, sparking fears that other huge real estate projects could face similar suits.

Tuesday's verdict sent TMG shares up by more than five percent, the official MENA news agency reported. In February 2009, Tamim's family sued Moustafa and Sukkari for killing the woman, and asked for justice. In May of this year, they dropped the suit, and a judicial official in Beirut said the family had said in a previous statement to the court accusing Moustafa of "inciting the murder of Suzanne Tamim is an unfounded assumption."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

Woman admits killing man during sex party
May 22, 2012

Killer couple: Logue, left, was accused of plotting the murder with her boyfriend, Jason Andrews, right

DADE CITY, Fla. (UPI) -- A woman who has acted in pornographic movies admitted working with her boyfriend to kill the owner of a Florida tattoo parlor at his home.

Amanda Kaye Logue, 30, was sentenced to 40 years in prison after she pleaded guilty to second-degree murder Monday, the Tampa Bay Times reported. Jason Andrews pleaded guilty in January and was sentenced to life without parole.

The victim, Dennis "Scooter" Abrahamsen, 41, was beaten and stabbed in 2010 in his home in New Port Richey. Investigators said Abrahamsen hired Logue for sex and that Andrews waited outside, while the couple exchanged texts on killing and robbing Abrahamsen. "Just get him on his face either bash or tell me to get in and where to go," Andrews said in one text.

Abrahamsen's cousin, Donna Rella, spoke for the family Monday. "You're not a person," she told Logue. "You're an evil being."

Logue used the name Sunny Dae as an actress.

Dennis Abrahamsen

Source: UPI.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Former Bi-Sexual SeanCody Model Pleads Guilty To Murder, Sentenced To Life In Prison
January 30, 2012

Jason Andrews

Jason Andrews, also known in the gay porn video industry as “Addison” (model for SeanCody.com), pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced in a Pasco County Flordia criminal court to life in prison last week.

The murder took place in New Port Richey, Florida in 2010. As part of a plea arrangement deal with Pasco County prosecutors to avoid the death penalty, 28-year-old Jason Andrews pleaded guilty to first-degree murder. Andrews will provide truthful testimony regarding the murder at a scheduled jury trial set for his girlfriend later this year.

GayPornGossip reported on the murder and the arrests of both Andrews and his girlfriend, who too was charged in with murder. The bisexual, British-born Andrews fled the state of Florida following the investigation of the murder and was later arrested in Chattanooga, Tennessee by U.S. Marshals who collared him while he worked as a manager in an upscale pool hall in Chattanooga.

Andrews and his girlfriend, porn star Amanda Logue (whose porn name is “Sunny Dae”), were accused of bludgeoning 41-year-old tattoo shop owner Dennis “Scooter” Abrahamsen to death with a sledgehammer in his Tampa-area home on May 15, 2010. Police also say the pair stole more than $6,000 in cash from Abrahamsen, along with his credit cards and a video camera. Police claim the pair conspired to kill and rob their victim after he hired Logue to have sex with him on camera after a party.

The Tampa Bay Times reports that Logue will stand trial for first-degree murder. Her trial is set for May 21, 2012.

See all of Jason Andrew’s gay film work at SeanCody.com

Source: Gay Porn Gossip.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Theresa May calls extent of paedophile activity across Britain 'absolutely horrific'
by Nigel Morris
Tuesday, 6 November 2012

The extent of paedophile activity across Britain is “absolutely horrific”, the Home Secretary told MPs as she set out fresh details of investigations into sex abuse in North Wales care homes and into Jimmy Savile’s activities.

No fewer than nine inquiries are underway following a stream of allegations against the late TV presenter and new accusations that a previous probe into the care home scandal failed to uncover the full truth, including the alleged involvement of a senior Tory linked to the Thatcher government.

In a statement to the Commons, Ms May refused to commit herself to a full, wide-ranging public inquiry into the array of claims about child abuse. MPs of all parties now support the move – and in angry exchanges a Labour frontbencher accused her of being part of a “cover-up” designed to stop the truth emerging. Ms May urged the police to follow evidence of paedophile activity “without fear or favour” and insisted that no area should be “off-limits” to detectives investigating sex abuse.

She referred to the recent scandal of the abuse of teenage girls in Rochdale, as well as paedophiles preying on youngsters online, as she made clear the problem was as prevalent today as in the 1970s and 1980s. She said: “We now see the online grooming of children, the street grooming of children, a number of variations of child abuse. I think what is absolutely horrific, frankly, is the extent to which this child abuse has been taking place over the years and across our communities over the years.”

Ms May announced that Keith Bristow, the head of the new National Crime Agency, would investigate new allegations of abuse in children’s homes in North Wales between 1974 and 1990 as well as the original police handling of the case. He has been asked to report by next April. She also confirmed the Waterhouse Inquiry, which reported in 2000 on the allegations, would be reviewed. The police watchdog, the HMIC, will examine whether allegations received against Savile by forces across the country were properly examined.

The Labour deputy chairman Tom Watson, who last month claimed there was “clear intelligence” suggesting a historic paedophile ring was linked to Downing Street and a former prime minister, said her “narrowed-down” inquiries would mean “despicable paedophiles” remaining undetected. To shouts of anger from Tory MPs, he said: “Does she sincerely want to start making amends or can she live with being what she has just announced: the next stage of a cover-up.”

In addition to the three inquiries, a further six have already been announced following the allegations over Savile’s activities. The BBC is conducting three internal investigations, the Department of Health is examining how Savile gained access to hospitals and the Director of Public Prosecutions is reviewing the decision in 2009 not to prosecute him. The Metropolitan Police has mounted a criminal inquiry – Operation Yewtree - into abuse allegations against Jimmy Savile and his associates at the BBC and elsewhere.

Steve Messham, one of the North Wales abuse victims who has come forward with new allegations, met David Jones, the Welsh Secretary, to detail his claims. Mr Messham told Channel 4 News last night that he broke into a flat of one of his abusers to steal photographs of the abuse he endured, but that police failed to act on them. He said: “I broke in knowing he was away, and I found all these photographs and I handed them to the police - and out of that two people got prosecuted, and one got a caution and that was it.”

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Teen soap star 'raped boy to prove he was bisexual' court hears
by Adam Sherwin
Monday, 18 March 2013

A teenage television soap actor raped a 14-year-old boy to prove to his girlfriend he was bisexual, a court heard.

The actor, then 15, insisted he had to “be with a boy” as he forced the fellow stage school pupil to perform oral sex on him at the Wimbledon Theatre in southwest London, a jury heard. He then dragged the 14-year-old into a stairwell the following day and raped him in front of his girlfriend, Blackfriars Crown Court was told.

The defendant, who is now 17 and cannot be named for legal reasons, is accused of raping and molesting the boy between July and September 2010. Prosecutor Timothy Forster said the abuse started with a series of explicit text messages after the actor revealed his sexuality to the victim while they worked on a show. The following day, in July 2010, while the alleged victim was preparing costumes in the gods of the theatre, he was dragged into a closed-off staircase and sexually assaulted, the court heard.

A second assault was alleged to have taken place at the pupils’ stage school. Following a confrontation in the school’s changing rooms, teachers began to investigate and eventually the case was passed to police. Mr Forster said the defendant will argue that the sexual contact was consensual.

The actor, from Surrey, pleaded not guilty to rape and sexual assault in July 2010 and two counts of sexual assault in September 2010.

The trial, which is due to last two weeks, continues.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Former musician in pop band Modà arrested
15 January, 2014

Former musician Paolo Bovi of pop band Modà arrested

(ANSA) - Rome - Police said Wednesday that a man arrested for allegedly molesting four boys at a parish outside Milan is a former member of the popular pop-rock band Modà.

Paolo Bovi, 40, was a keyboard player with the band and also a former lay schoolworker at the parish, where he allegedly molested the boys in 2011 when the victims were between the ages of 13 and 16. Investigators said he touched the boys as "penalties" during games they would play. Priests reportedly removed him after learning of the episodes.

The band expressed shock at the allegations against Bovi, who is required to wear a tracking device while under house arrest. "We are chilled at the very idea this could happen...we had no inkling," the band said in a statement. "We hope that the judiciary will soon conclude its investigations and that the outcome is not as terrifying as it (sounds)".

Bovi, who has no prior police record, reportedly grew up in the same parish on the outskirts of Milan. Although he left the band several years ago, Bovi worked behind the scenes as a sound engineer for the band during the popular San Remo music festival in 2011 and 2013.

Source: ANSA.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:21 am 
Site Admin

'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of sexually abusing 15-year-old boy at California mansion
By Dareh Gregorian, Tim O’connor
Thursday, April 17, 2014

Director Bryan Singer attends the 22nd Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation's Oscar Viewing Party on March 2, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Mark Davis/Getty Images for EJAF)

Famous Hollywood director Bryan Singer has been accused in a new federal lawsuit of sexually abusing a 15-year-old boy.

The suit, filed Wednesday in federal court in Hawaii, accused the 48-year-old “X-Men” filmmaker of first preying on the 15-year-old aspiring actor at a party at a California mansion where underage boys were plied with drugs and alcohol and taken advantage of.

“The stories that I’ve heard of what went on at the estate are truly despicable,” the accuser’s lawyer, Miami attorney Jeff Herman, told the Daily News Wednesday night.

Herman identified the accuser as Michael Egan III. Egan, who is now in his 30s and will appear at a Thursday news conference at the Four Seasons Hotel in L.A., was forcibly sodomized by the director when he was 15 in the late-1990s, according to the suit. Singer had promised Egan a role in one of his movies and had numerous sexual encounters with the boy when he was 15 and 16, Herman told The News. Singer also allegedly brought Egan to Hawaii for multiple extended trips when he was 17.

The suit does not specifically demand a monetary figure, but states that the damages suffered warrant in excess of $75,000. In response, Marty Singer, a lawyer for the director, said “it is obvious that this case was filed in an attempt to get publicity,” given that the newest installment of the “X-Men” franchise, “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” hits theaters May 23.

“The claims made against Bryan Singer are completely without merit,” the statement added. “We are very confident that Bryan will be vindicated in this absurd and defamatory lawsuit.”

Herman, who represented five young men who claimed they were sexually abused by Kevin Clash, the puppeteer for beloved Sesame Street muppet Elmo, said the Singer suit shows that Hollywood has a problem of sexual exploitation of minors. He said there are other victims and promised that numerous other cases would be filed. Herman did not implicate Singer in reference to any of the alleged additional victims.

Singer, whose first hit as a director was 1995’s “The Usual Suspects,” allegedly met Egan, then 15, in 1998 at a mansion in Encino, Calif., that was the site of regular drug-fueled underage sex romps. The suit says Singer forced Egan into a hot-tub hookup.

Singer gave “an alcoholic beverage . . . and mentioned finding a role for him in an upcoming movie that he was directing,” the suit says. “Defendant Singer told plaintiff how ‘this group’ controls Hollywood. Singer masturbated plaintiff and then performed oral sex upon him. Defendant Singer solicited plaintiff to perform oral sex upon him, which plaintiff resisted,” the suit says. “Singer flagrantly disregarded plaintiff’s unwillingness to submit, and forced plaintiff’s head underwater to make plaintiff perform oral sex upon him. When plaintiff pulled his head out of the water in order to breathe, defendant Singer demanded that he continue which plaintiff refused,” the suit went on. “Defendant Singer then forced plaintiff to continue performing oral sex upon him outside of the pool, and subsequently forcibly sodomized plaintiff.”

Source: New York Daily News.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:38 am 
Site Admin

Rolf Harris guilty: How Australian artist journeyed through TV personality of year and Queen's portrait painter to adulterer and convicted paedophile
by Paul Peachey, Adam Withnall
Monday, 30 June 2014

Rolf Harris at Southwark Crown Court on 30 June 2014, where he was found guilty of all 12 charges of indecent assault against four girls. PA Wire

The veteran entertainer Rolf Harris has been found guilty on all 12 charges of indecent assault at Southwark Crown Court.

The 84-year-old has been convicted of attacks on four victims between 1968 and 1986, after the jury of six men and six women deliberated the case for more than 33 hours and into an eighth day. During his trial, which opened on 9 May, prosecutors claimed that the entertainer was a “Jekyll and Hyde” character who had a dark side to his personality and used his fame to abuse under-age girls with impunity.

His conviction is the most high-profile of those achieved by officers from Scotland Yard as part of the sex crime investigation Operation Yewtree, set up in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal. Once regarded by a UK audience as a national treasure, Harris had enjoyed years of success, bringing him a multi-million pound fortune and the opportunity to paint the Queen.

During a 60-year showbusiness career, the honours for Rolf Harris kept rolling in: BBC TV Personality of the Year, chart-topping star, MBE, CBE, Queen’s portraitist, multimillionaire. Into his 80s the titles kept coming to light: the ‘Octopus,’ adulterer, abuser and finally – as the jury announced its verdict today – convicted paedophile.

Of all the celebrities named during Operation Yewtree, Scotland Yard’s investigation into historic sex abuse, Harris’s name was the one that emerged with the greatest capacity to shock. While Jimmy Savile was quite clearly odd, Harris was the ebullient but apparently harmless entertainer, tea-time fixture for generations of enthusiastic children, and favourite of the Queen. He remained impassive as the forewoman delivered the jury’s unanimous verdicts, while his daughter Bindi, wife Alwen and niece Jenny watched on from the public gallery.

Rolf Harris in 'Stars on Sunday' TV Programme (1969 -1979)

Harris has now been released on bail until Friday, when he will be sentenced. He was warned by Justice Sweeney that, given his conviction on all 12 counts, it was “inevitable” that there was the possibility he will face a jail term.

Despite his apparently well-known reputation for groping in his native Australia that had earned him the nickname the Octopus, he was viewed as an early champion of child protection campaigns and was considered suitably safe for the model Lily Cole and the actress Dervla Kirwan, among others, to pose semi-naked for paintings inspired by Titania, queen of the fairies, for a BBC documentary. “I was always quite nervous of asking people to pose naked for me,” he told The Independent in 2010. “Would they think I was a dirty old man? I still have a slightly nervous attitude about it, like a naughty boy.”

Yet like his former BBC colleague Savile, he operated in plain sight before he was unmasked as a repeat child abuser who used his power to exploit the vulnerable. He was a “sinister pervert who had a demon lurking beneath the charming exterior”, his trial heard.

Like his former BBC colleague Jimmy Savile, Rolf Harris operated in plain sight before he was unmasked as a repeat child abuser

He confessed to at least two ‘affairs’ – one with a woman down-on-her-luck who he and his unwitting wife installed in a converted boathouse at the bottom of his sprawling Oxfordshire home – and the other with a woman who was not a mistress, but a child groomed, abused and left a mental wreck after more than a decade of exploitation at his hands.

His modus operandi was to operate in the middle of a crowd, and abuse a child that pressed close in their eagerness to meet the celebrated entertainer. After he was finished, he continued playing the fool as if nothing had happened. One photograph of Harris with one of his victims showed him gurning at the camera as he took to the dance floor before he shoved his hand up her dress. His predatory behaviour was like his paintings, said Sasha Wass, counsel for the prosecution. "Each stroke can be a little bit vague or unclear but taken together you can identify what is happening,” she said. It demonstrated the “Mr Hyde concealed behind Rolf Harris's Dr Jekyll who was his public profile".

Even in the courtroom his demeanour changed. After he had sung a verse of Jake the Peg and laughed his way through his reminiscences detailing his rise to showbusiness stardom, he became persistently aggressive when cross-examined by the barrister and was chastised by the judge.

November 2006: Rolf Harris with his portrait of the Queen. She will have the final say on whether the disgraced artist and performer loses his honours, which have included an MBE, OBE and CBE (Getty)

The boy from Bassendean in Perth, western Australia, was already a household name by the time that he abused his first victim. The son of Welsh migrants, Harris found early fame as a junior swimming champion. He was set for a career as a teacher, but a virus that left him bedbound for weeks prompted a change of heart and he left for Britain to pursue his dream as an artist in 1952.

With his broad Australian accent and his piano accordion, he worked the cabaret circuit to pay his way and his persistence was rewarded with a five minute slot with a puppet called Fuzz on a children’s show from 1953. He married his wife Alwen, a sculptor, in 1958 and by the late 1960s he was a major star of the small screen. He had his own eponymous show, hosted a Song for Europe and was set to end the decade and start the next on top of the charts with Two Little Boys. He was already abusing children.

In 1969, Harris was in Australia to film Rolf’s Walkabout with his wife and daughter Bindi in tow. During the trip, he stayed briefly with a family friend who had an open area beneath the house where the artist worked on some of his creations. There he encountered a girl, aged 11 or 12, who was staying with there because she was off sick from school. “He asked me how old I was,” the woman told the court. “And he said good, I want to be the first person to introduce you to a tongue kiss.”

Rolf Harris arrives with his wife Alwen Hughes (right) and daughter Bindi (left) at the Southwark Crown Court in central London today

Back in Britain, the next victim was younger. Within months he was in Hove, promoting Two Little Boys, at a community centre. Harris denied ever being there – he said the chart-topping song never required any promotion – but one woman, aged about seven at the time, told how he abused her while she was queuing for an autograph.

"He was looking at me, smiling, and I was smiling, looking excited, and suddenly out of nowhere I felt his hand go down the back and up between my legs," he said. “He scared me because he was looking at me all the time. His eyes were fixed and I kind of backed away, and I sat on a chair trying to process what was going on and looking at him carrying on as if nothing had happened.” She later told friends that the entertainer was a dirty old man. She said that her life changed because of it. “I can hear a song or something from that era and go straight back. I can shut my eyes and go straight back,” she said. Harris said it never happened and he had never been to the centre.

The following year he was accused of groping a woman while dancing in New Zealand, and then indecently assaulting a woman in Malta, where he had opened a club. The woman told the court that she feared he was going to rape her after he pinned her against the wall and pressed his hand inside her clothing.

Rolf Harris and his wife at the David Frost's Society Party in London, 2001

In 1978, he indecently assaulted a teenager at a celebrity event in Cambridge. He had claimed not to have been in Cambridge until a few years ago, but he was presented with incontrovertible filmed evidence of him bouncing like a kangaroo down the track in typical Harris showman fashion. He said he could not remember being there and received backing from the former Crimewatch presenter, Sue Cook, who became a defence witness after tweeting: “I was one of the participants in that Star Games show in 1978. I must say I have no memory of where it took place.”

The abuse that brought about his downfall came in that same year with the sexual assault of a 13-year-old schoolfriend of his own daughter. He first abused his daughter’s friends as she came out of the shower during a stay in Hawaii and continued throughout the trip until she was in her late 20s. He treated her like a prostitute, the court was told, as she performed sexual acts in him in his car and during a visit to Harris’s daughter’s home in Devon while he appeared in pantomime.

The ‘affair’ drove the woman to alcoholism. After a bout of heavy drinking she confessed what had happened to her family. She reported it to the police after she saw him at the Queen’s diamond Jubilee celebrations, where he sang Two Little Boys – and earned the sympathy of a nation after he was peremptorily cut off by Lenny Henry so he could introduce Stevie Wonder to the crowds. Other women came forward when it was finally reported that he had been questioned by detectives from Operation Yewtree.

Rolf Harris, has been found guilty of indecently assaulting four girls, performing on the Pyramid Stage at the 2010 Glastonbury Festival (Getty)

The Jubilee concert had marked the renaissance of his career that had ranged from Cartoon Club to Animal Hospital, to Led Zeppelin’s Stairway to Heaven complete with trademark wobble board. He wowed crowds of up to 30,000 at Glastonbury. With age and under the spotlight of scrutiny, the performances have waned. It remains to be seen but his last public performance could have been to a room of a few dozen: a muttered barely sung rendition of Jake the Peg, before his voice dropped and he was forced to answer to his crimes from previous decades.

"In the courts of England and Wales all men are equal before the law,” said Ms Wass. "You can't buy your way out of a criminal charge, you can't bully your way out of a criminal charge, and you certainly can't sing your way out of a criminal charge."

Source: Independent UK.