TalkAboutSexxx.com

Sex and sexuality news and information forum

forum - business directory - image gallery

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

What is your view of sexual harassment?
I am strongly against it 100%  100%  [ 6 ]
I approve, it's natural and fun 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sexual harassment doesn't exist 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sexual harassment is a pretext used to get back at someone 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Women (men) are asking for it at work 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No opinion 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

Sweden's top diplomat says suffered sexual harassment 'at highest level'
18 October 2017

STOCKHOLM (AFP) - Sweden's Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom said Wednesday she had experienced sexual harassment "at the highest level of politics" as she announced she had joined the #MeToo campaign on Facebook.

"I can confirm that this occurs at the highest level of politics and that I myself have experienced it," Wallstrom told Sweden's TT news agency. She said she didn't want to speak about it "in a too personal manner" nor did she confirm that an incident took place during a meeting of European officials, as reported in a journalist's memoirs. "We have to think about our laws. How can we change public attitudes and what can we do with the means at our disposal to put an end" to sexual harassment, she said.

Wallstrom, who has been in her post since 2014, has been charged by Prime Minister Stefan Lofven with pursuing a "feminist diplomacy" that urges respect for women's rights and freedoms as part of Sweden's international relations. In 2015, Stockholm's diplomatic ties with Riyadh were frozen after she called Saudi Arabia a "dictatorship", denouncing in particular its treatment of women in brazen terms that other Western diplomats might have avoided in dealing with the oil-rich state.

The #MeToo campaigns on Twitter and Facebook have garnered thousands of accounts of sexual abuse and harassment at the hands of men, spurred by the revelations over a history of abuse by Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein.

Source: AFP

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

US gymnast Maroney reveals abuse by team doctor
by Chris Lefkow
October 18, 2017

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Olympic gold medal-winning US gymnast McKayla Maroney, inspired by the "Me Too" movement, revealed on Wednesday that she was molested for years by former USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar.

Maroney, 21, said in a statement on Twitter that Nassar, who is facing trial on more than 20 counts of sexual assault, began molesting her at the age of 13 and it continued throughout her gymnastics career. "Dr. Nassar told me that I was receiving 'medically necessary treatment that he had been performing on patients for over 30 years,'" Maroney wrote. "It started when I was 13 years old, at one of my first National Team training camps, in Texas, and it didn't end until I left the sport. It seemed whenever and wherever this man could find the chance, I was 'treated,'" she said.

She said the abuse even occurred during the London 2012 Olympics, where Maroney was a member of the "Fierce Five" US squad who won the team gold medal. "It happened in London before my team and I won the gold medal, and it happened before I won my silver (in vault in London)," Maroney wrote.

Maroney posted her statement with the #MeToo hashtag, the campaign encouraging women to denounce experiences of sexual abuse that has swept across social media in the wake of the wave of allegations targeting Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein. "Everyone's words over the past few days have been so inspiring to me," Maroney said in the statement on her Twitter account @McKaylaMaroney. "I know how hard it is to speak publicly about something so horrible, and so personal, because it's happened to me too," she said.

Maroney is the most high-profile US gymnast to speak out so far about sexual abuse by the former team doctor. "People should know this is not just happening in Hollywood," Maroney said. "This is happening everywhere. Wherever there is a position of power, there seems to be a potential for abuse," Maroney said. "I had a dream to go to the Olympics, and the things that I had to endure to get there were unnecessary and disgusting," she said.

Maroney, from Long Beach, California, said one incident of abuse occurred during the 2011 World Championships in Tokyo. She said Nassar gave her a sleeping pill "and the next thing I know I was all alone with him in his hotel room getting a 'treatment.'" "I thought I was going to die that night," she wrote, adding that she hoped her statement would encourage others to speak out. "Silence has given the wrong people power for too long, and it's time to take our power back," she said.

Nassar was involved with USA Gymnastics for nearly three decades and worked with the country's gymnasts at four separate Olympic Games. His case was part of a wide-ranging scandal which forced the resignation of USA Gymnastics chief Steve Penny last year. Penny was accused by victims of failing to quickly notify authorities about abuse allegations. More than 350 gymnasts were reportedly abused according to an investigation by the Indianapolis Star.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

#MeToo: Québec’s 'comedy king' resigns after harassment allegations
by Owen BARNELL
20 October 2017

Québécois comedy legend Gilbert Rozon, founder of the Just for Laughs comedy festival, has been accused by at least nine women of multiple accounts of sexual harassment and abuse.

The allegations were made on one local radio station and in the French-language Montreal newspaper Le Devoir on Wednesday. Rozon is the latest powerful figure in the world of entertainment to follow in the footsteps of Hollywood movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, whom many actresses have accused of sexually abusive behaviour going back decades.

After the Weinstein scandal, many more women have begun coming forward to share their stories of sexual harassment and identify their harassers, notably on social media using the hashtags #MeToo, #MoiAussi in Québec and #Balancetonporc (“Squeal on your pig”) in France.

But in the case of Rozon, nine women – one of whom was only 14 at the time of the alleged abuse – have come forward in interviews with Le Devoir and radio station 98.5FM. They have accused the producer of abusive and inappropriate behaviour dating as far back as 1982 and as recently as 2016. The allegation from last year saw Geneviève Allard, an entrepreneur who met Rozon while working for the TV show Les Dragons, described how Rozon initiated an encounter at her residence and, after having dinner together, later collapsed on her bed. Allard slept beside him, only to wake to find Rozon violating her.

Another allegation, this time made by Anne-Marie Charette, accuses the producer of harassing her at work “over several months” before an encounter in which Rozon demanded she bring a dossier to a hotel room, only to throw himself upon her. The testimonies portray a man who used his position of power as one of Québec’s leading entertainment figures to prey on those with whom he worked.

The allegations against the star of France’s Got Talent – known for playing the “Simon Cowell role” with his outbursts and harsh criticism – have yet to be proven in court. An investigation into the allegations has been launched by Montreal police while several media organisations have cut ties with the producer; French TV channel M6 released a statement saying that it was suspending France’s Got Talent until further notice.

Rozon, the founder and president of the Just for Laughs comedy festival, has announced he will be stepping down. He is also resigning from Montreal’s chamber of commerce and from the committee he chaired to oversee the city’s 375th anniversary celebrations. Rozon made the announcement in an October 18 Facebook post in which the producer said he had made the decision so he could dedicate all of his time to reviewing the allegations as well as apologising to “all those who I have offended throughout my life”.

Rozon pleaded guilty in 1998 to the charge of sexually assaulting a young woman of 19. Yet these fresh allegations appear to show Rozon behaving with impunity long before – and after – that sole court hearing.

Éric Salvail is another example of a Québec entertainment celebrity who has been accused of sexual harassment and lewd misconduct, in his case by 11 people. Salvail, a well-known figure on both radio and television, has seen his endorsements vanish since the allegations came to light this week. As well as losing his partnership with the Metro grocery chain, Salvail’s show En mode Salvail was suspended by Groupe V Media while Radio-Canada said it was “re-evaluating its business relationship with the host and producer”.

As hashtags gain momentum and more allegations are made, the unmasking of men like Rozon, Salvail and Weinstein could well represent a turning point in how sexual harassment is reported and addressed. Many of their victims were initially unwilling to go to the police for help, fearing scepticism or that it would spell the end of their careers. Yet the recent profusion of people publicising their stories is a testament to the accountability and transparency that technologies like social media can provide. Survivors might once have felt alone in their stories, unable to connect with others and trapped in a situation in which powerful figures could easily threaten reprisals. Today, the connections and immediacy offered by social media make these allegations far more difficult to silence – and the discussions they spark may well impact government legislation in the years to come.

Source: France24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Conde Nast drops fashion photographer over exploitation claims
24 October 2017

NEW YORK (AFP) - US fashion photographer Terry Richardson, who has been accused of sexually exploiting models for years, will no longer have his work published in some of the world's top magazines, Conde Nast confirmed Tuesday.

It is the latest indication of shrinking tolerance for powerful men accused of sexual impropriety following the downfall of Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein with actresses, models and ordinary women increasingly emboldened to speak out. London-based Conde Nast International, whose titles include Vogue, Vanity Fair and Glamour, circulated an email within the media group Monday announcing that the company would no longer work with him. Staff were informed that any work already commissioned from Richardson but not yet published should be "killed or substituted," British newspaper The Daily Telegraph reported.

The company confirmed the content of the email and said it had no further comment. Conde Nast US said it had "nothing planned" with the married father of two going forward. "Sexual harassment of any kind is unacceptable and should not be tolerated," the US branch of the media company told AFP in an email.

The 52-year-old New York photographer is famous in the fashion industry for producing sexually explicit and controversial images of models. His work has appeared in glossy magazines, and he has shot campaigns for luxury fashion houses including Valentino, Carolina Herrera and Yves Saint Laurent. He photographed Barack Obama prior to his election as president and directed Miley Cyrus's video for her 2013 "Wrecking Ball" single in which she appeared naked. Cyrus has since said she regrets the video.

Beset for years by allegations of sexually exploiting models, Richardson -- like Weinstein -- has insisted that all relationships were consensual. In 2014, he took to the Huffington Post to "correct" what he called an "emotionally-charged witch hunt" against him. "I collaborated with consenting adult women who were fully aware of the nature of the work," he wrote. "I have never used an offer of work or a threat of rebuke to coerce someone into something that they did not want to do."

On Tuesday, a representative said Richardson was "disappointed." "Many of his professional interactions with subjects were sexual and explicit in nature but all of the subjects of his work participated consensually," the representative said.

Conde Nast International acted a day after Britain's Sunday Times newspaper questioned why Richardson was "still feted by fashionistas" despite "gaining a reputation as the Harvey Weinstein of fashion." US model Cameron Russell last week launched an Instagram campaign called #MyJobShouldNotIncludeAbuse that swiftly garnered more than 70 anonymous accounts of abuse, lewd behavior and harassment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

US celebrity chef resigns over sexual harassment allegations
24 October 2017

CHICAGO (AFP) - Celebrity chef John Besh, who as the face of New Orleans cuisine fed world leaders and appeared on American TV programs, has stepped down from his company after women complained that sexual harassment was rife at his restaurants.

Besh acknowledged an extra-marital affair, but denied the existence of an abusive culture at his 1,200-employee company where women alleged widespread harassment by male staff and that they had little recourse to complain or stop the behavior.

The revelations were the latest in a long list, after explosive sex abuse claims against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein earlier this month opened the floodgates. Scores of women, and some men, have come forward to allege harassment in various industries and areas of public life -- from fashion, to entertainment and politics.

Besh rose to fame as the culinary face of a rebuilding New Orleans -- a city known for its food culture -- following the devastation of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. He won a prestigious James Beard regional award for best chef in the US Southeast, served food to world leaders such as Joe Biden, and appeared with former first lady Michelle Obama.

His downfall was swift, coming just two days after a local newspaper published a damning expose, leading to his stepping down from his company on Monday, the severing of business ties and TV show cancelations. The Times-Picayune reported that 25 women claimed they were victims of sexual harassment by employees of Besh Restaurant Group, which operates 12 restaurants. Many said male co-workers and supervisors engaged in unwanted touching, made inappropriate comments, and at times attempted to use their power to coerce women for sex.

Besh acknowledged a sexual affair, but denied allegations of widespread harassment. "I have to deal with the fact that I was not the best human being that I could be, that I had made mistakes, but even with the worst that I had ever been, I have never sexually harassed or tolerated such," he told the newspaper.

Other culinary world figures called for reforms in the industry. "The beginning of the end of institutionalized Meathead Culture in the restaurant business," tweeted celebrity TV chef Anthony Bourdain. "Harassment is not just a part of 'kitchen culture' - the restaurant industry does not get a pass," said high-profile chef Alon Shaya, who claimed he was fired by Besh's company for speaking to The Times-Picayune.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

British MPs slam 'disturbing' claims of sex pest culture
30 October 2017

LONDON (AFP) - The Speaker of Britain's House of Commons condemned "disturbing" allegations of a culture of sexual harassment in parliament on Monday as he urged political parties to swiftly address the issue.

John Bercow opened an emergency debate sparked by weekend newspaper revelations about the behaviour of MPs and ministers towards staff, warning there must be "zero tolerance of sexual harassment or bullying". Prime Minister Theresa May, who sat in on the debate, had earlier written to Bercow calling for tougher rules on MPs' conduct after one of her ministers was accused of asking his secretary to buy sex toys. May has ordered an investigation into the behaviour by international trade minister Mark Garnier, who is also accused of calling his now former aide "sugar tits".

However, MP after MP stood up in the chamber on Monday to warn that the problem was deeply rooted in the culture of Westminster. A list of 13 MPs accused of harassment has reportedly been circulating in Westminster in recent days, following renewed scrutiny in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal in Hollywood. The Guido Fawkes political blog meanwhile said it had a list compiled by researchers of 36 MPs accused of "inappropriate sexual behaviour".

Opposition Labour lawmaker Harriet Harman, an equalities campaigner who called the debate, said it was a "good thing" that it was now being discussed. "No one should have to work in the toxic atmosphere of sleazy, sexist or homophobic banter," she said. "This is not hysteria -- this is something which is long overdue for all the parties in this House to deal with."

May's spokesman said she had not seen any list of names but refused to comment on discussions she may have had about similar behaviour with the whips who enforce discipline in her Conservative party. The prime minister's former director of communications, Katie Perrior, said whips often held such information secret as leverage to make MPs vote a certain way. "They use that to make sure that MPs know that other people within the party know exactly what they're up to, and that behaviour either is not acceptable, or indeed it will be used against them," she told BBC television.

May had urged the Speaker to help establish a new compulsory grievance procedure to replace the current voluntary system, as well as a new mediation service to help protect staff working for MPs. One of her ministers, Leader of the House of Commons Andrea Leadsom, warned that perpetrators could be sacked. "In the case of MPs they could have the whip withdrawn (suspended) and they could be fired from ministerial office," she said. However, while Bercow said he would consider the proposals, "in the first instance I hope that parties will live up to their responsibilities".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:09 pm 
Site Admin

#MeToo: Thousands take to the streets of France against sexual harassment
29 October 2017

PARIS (AFP) - Thousands of people took the "Me too" online campaign against sexual harassment and assault started by the Harvey Weinstein affair onto the streets of France Sunday.

In Paris, the mostly female demonstrators in Republique square waved placards bearing the "#Metoo" hashtag used by tens of thousands of women in the past two weeks to share accounts of being pestered or abused. "Metoo by a colleague", read a sign carried by one woman. "Metoo by a fellow activist" read another.

Similar gatherings were also held in Marseille, Bordeaux and Lille, among other cities. According to Paris police, 2,500 people turned out for the rally in the French capital. Elsewhere the numbers were smaller, with one or two hundred turning up for each march. The rallies were organised by freelance journalist Carol Galand, who said she wanted to ensure the campaign to end sexual violence and harassment of women went "beyond social media buzz."

Margot, an 18-year-old waitress demonstrating in Paris, told AFP that she had been molested by a male colleague in work. When she brought it up with a superior she was told it was simply "his way of communicating".

In Bordeaux, a young woman said she had remained silent about being drugged and raped at a party at the age of 15. "You don't talk about it because you don't want it to cause a ruckus in your family," she said.

French feminists have said they believe the #metoo campaign could mark a turning point on attitudes towards sexual predation in a country long seen as soft on the issue.

The campaign began in the US in response to the plethora of abuse allegations against film mogul Harvey Weinstein and was quickly copied in France, where many women used the #balancetonporc (expose your pig) hashtag to share tales of harassment.

Since it started, several prominent figures have been targeted in French assault claims, including a lawmaker in President Emmanuel Macron's party, a judge on France's equivalent of "America's Got Talent" and renowned Oxford professor Tariq Ramadan, a leading lecturer in Islamic studies.

Franco-Polish filmmaker Roman Polanski, who is wanted in the US for the statutory rape of a 13-year-old in the 1970s, has also been hit with new abuse claims. Swiss prosecutors are investigating new rape allegations against Polanski made by a Swiss woman -- bringing to at least four the number of people who have publicly accused him of assault.

Feminist groups plan protests on Monday outside a Paris-based film archive where is scheduled to attend the launch of a retrospective of his work.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

NBC fires Mark Halperin after sexual harassment accusations
By DAVID BAUDER
October 30, 2017

NEW YORK (AP) -- NBC News said Monday it has terminated its contract with Mark Halperin, the political journalist who was accused of sexual harassment by several women when he worked at ABC News more than a decade ago.

Since the charges came to light last week, publisher Penguin Press canceled a planned book by Halperin and John Heilemann about the 2016 election and HBO pulled the plug on a miniseries that would have been based on the book. Showtime also said Halperin would not be brought back with co-hosts Heilemann and Mark McKinnon should the political series "The Circus" be renewed. At NBC News, Halperin was a contributor who was most visible as a regular panelist on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." The network had initially suspended him last week.

Halperin has apologized for his behavior and said he sought counseling. He said he acknowledges and apologizes for conduct that was often aggressive and crude. "No one had filed a human resources complaint against me, no colleague had confronted me," he said on Twitter. "But I didn't need a call from HR to know that I was a selfish, immature person, who was behaving in a manner that had to stop."

Journalist Eleanor McManus was interviewed by NBC's Megyn Kelly on Monday, describing how Halperin tried to kiss her and more in his office in the late 1990s, when she was a college student and had been invited by him to give career advice. She said she quickly left the office and didn't report the incident, and that the stories that emerged about Halperin last week made her angry. "I'm angry because I was silent, and because I was silent this happened to other people," she said. She said Halperin's behavior was "an open secret," and that she's upset that some women did not pursue journalism as a career because of what had happened to them.

Halperin said on Twitter that some of the allegations made against him were not true, although he did not specify which ones. "But I realize that's a small point in the scheme of things," he said.

Source: AP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

Israeli media mogul steps aside amid sexual assault claims
8 November 2017

JERUSALEM (AP) -- An Israeli media mogul has resigned as president of the local Keshet broadcasting company amid accusations of sexual assault and harassment.

Alex Gilady said on Wednesday he is "temporarily stepping aside" until he proves his innocence. The accusations began last week when Channel 10 TV journalist Oshrat Kotler said Gilady made an "indecent" proposal during a job interview 25 years ago. Then Haaretz columnist Neri Livneh said Gilady exposed himself to her during a 1999 business meeting at his home. Two other women said Gilady had raped them.

Gilady founded Keshet and is also a former sports executive at NBC and Israel's representative to the International Olympic Committee. He denied the rape accusations. He says he doesn't recall the Kotler incident but said Livneh's claim was "mainly correct" and apologized.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Under-fire US comic admits to sexual misconduct
November 10, 2017

NEW YORK (AFP) - US comedian Louis C.K. admitted sexual misconduct and expressed remorse Friday after a New York Times expose accused him of masturbating in front of women amid Hollywood's burgeoning sexual harassment scandal.

"These stories are true," C.K. said in a statement released by his representative to US media a day after the newspaper expose from five women. The Times published accusations from the women saying that the award-winning comic masturbated or asked to masturbate in front of them or on the telephone in separate incidents dating from the late 1990s to 2005. "At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true," said C.K. in the statement. "But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn't a question. It's a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. "And I wielded that power irresponsibly," he said.

On Thursday, the premiere of his new movie "I Love You, Daddy," was abruptly cancelled, and the award-winner canceled an appearance on CBS comedy chat show "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert," the Times reported. The comedian's accusers told the paper that his behavior was abusive. On Friday, C.K. said there was "nothing about this that I forgive myself for" and claimed he could "hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought" on the women and colleagues with whom he has worked, now impacted by the scandal. "I've brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother," he said.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

DC Comics editor fired amid sexual harassment allegations
November 13, 2017

NEW YORK (AP) -- The group editor of DC Comics has been fired amid allegations of sexual harassment.

Warner Bros and DC Entertainment announced Monday that editor Eddie Berganza has been fired. The statement added that DC Comics was "committed to eradicating harassment." The firing comes in the wake of a BuzzFeed report last week that included on-the-record accounts of Berganza sticking his tongue in the mouth of one female employee and repeatedly trying to kiss another female employee.

Kevin Spacey, Louis C.K. and Mark Halperin are among the numerous other men whose careers have taken a downward spiral amid allegations of sexual harassment and assault since The New York Times published reports detailing multiple sexual harassment and assault allegations against producer Harvey Weinstein last month.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Ex-Danish film company boss embroiled in harassment claims
By JAN M. OLSEN
15 November 2017

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) -- A film production company co-founded by Danish director Lars von Trier has asked Danish officials to help investigate after several women accused its former chief executive of sexual harassment and allowing a culture of bullying in the workplace.

The production studio, Zentropa, said it was organizing an internal probe after "serious charges have been raised" against Peter Aalbaek Jensen, according to a letter by Zentropa's management to its partners that was obtained Wednesday by the Associated Press. Aalbaek Jensen, an outspoken provocateur known for stunts such as posing naked before photographers at the Cannes film festival, stepped down as Zentropa's CEO last year but has remained as an employee.

Nine women - all former Zentropa employees - have spoken out against Aalbaek Jensen. They told the Politiken newspaper on Nov. 10 that he had slapped their behind, groped women at work and made sexual noises while standing behind women who were on the phone. He also reportedly ordered interns working at Zentropa to take the temperatures of his pigs at his private farm. The company said it would invite Denmark's Working Environment Authority to have "a professional assessment of our workplace." The government agency confirmed to the AP it had been contacted by Zentropa Tuesday, but declined to say when an inspection would take place. "We have all been part of a culture that we didn't consider infringing or systematic while it existed," Zentropa's letter said. "It has become clear that it has not been a good culture for all of us and it must be changed."

It said Aalbaek Jensen, 61, no longer has any say in its day-to-day leadership, adding that he has been banned from speaking publicly on behalf of Zentropa or being in charge of interns working at the company. Conclusions of the internal investigation are expected by Nov. 20.

Aalbaek Jensen has told the Politiken newspaper that he had no recollection of some of the alleged incidents but said they "probably happened." He said he has "no interest in submission and humiliation" but "is interested in challenging boundaries, all the way up to the red line." He added "we are all sinners," and "it is not that I apologize for all my actions. But I stand by them."

On Wednesday, he told Denmark's TV2 channel: "I have been completely muzzled." "As long as I choose to be an employee in Zentropa, I have to do as the management says," he added. He was not available for comments.

Aalbaek Jensen co-founded the company in 1992 with von Trier, who has not been directly accused. The director is known for making provocative movies, and Zentropa produced many of them, including "Dogville," ''Dancer in the Dark" and "Antichrist." Zentropa also briefly produced pornographic films, primarily made for a female audience, although the films did not make money and that production was shut down in 2001.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:14 am 
Site Admin

Sixty percent of US women 'sexually harassed': poll
November 21, 2017

NEW YORK (AFP) - Sixty percent of US women voters say they have experienced sexual harassment and more than two-thirds of them said it happened at work, a nationwide poll revealed Tuesday.

The findings come as the United States grapples with sexual assault and harassment scandals that have rocked the world of entertainment, business and politics. Only 20 percent of men voters said they had experienced sexual harassment, of whom 60 percent also said it happened at work, according to the Quinnipiac University survey.

Of those women who said they had experienced harassment, 69 percent said it happened at work, 43 percent in social settings, 45 percent on the street and 14 percent at home, the poll found. Eighty-nine percent of respondents classified sexual harassment of women as a "serious problem" and 55 percent said media coverage of the flood of recent allegations had led to a better understanding of sexual harassment, the poll found.

Sixty-two percent said they thought people were more likely to be held accountable for sexual harassment following the recent allegations. "A vast majority of American men and women are deeply troubled by sexual harassment and the numbers underscore why. A stunning six in ten women say they have been victimized," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll. The survey was based on interviews with 1,415 voters between November 15?20 and carried a margin of error of 3.1 percent, Quinnipiac said.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:16 am 
Site Admin

US networks sack TV host Rose over sexual misconduct claims
by Jennie MATTHEW
November 21, 2017

NEW YORK (AFP) - Charlie Rose, one of America's most well-respected television news anchors and an award-winning broadcaster, was sacked Tuesday by several US networks, becoming the latest powerful man to fall from grace following allegations of sexual misconduct.

It was a stunning blow for the 75-year-old fixture in US television news who had interviewed the likes of Nelson Mandela, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, coming less than 24 hours after sexual harassment accusations by eight women came to light. In a bombshell Washington Post report, five of the women "described Rose putting his hand on their legs, sometimes their upper thigh." Two said he "walked naked in front of them" after taking a shower. One said he "groped her buttocks" at a staff party. The alleged harassment took place from the 1990s to 2011. The women, in their 20s and 30s, were either employees on his "Charlie Rose" interview show or aspired to join his staff.

On Tuesday, CBS News said Rose's employment had been "terminated" with immediate effect after what it called "extremely disturbing and intolerable behavior" alleged by women who worked on his flagship interview program for public broadcaster PBS. "No one may be able to correct the past. But what may once have been accepted should not ever have been acceptable," said CBS News president David Rhodes. "CBS News has reported on extraordinary revelations at other media companies this year and last. Our credibility in that reporting requires credibility managing basic standards of behavior. That is why we have taken these actions," he added.

Rose had co-hosted the "CBS This Morning" news program and was a contributing correspondent for "60 Minutes." He had already been suspended on Monday. PBS, which aired "Charlie Rose," quickly said it had also "terminated its relationship" with the journalist and "cancelled distribution of his programs." "PBS expects all the producers we work with to provide a workplace where people feel safe and are treated with dignity and respect," a spokesperson said.

His downfall comes as the United States grapples with an avalanche of sexual assault and harassment scandals rocking the worlds of entertainment, business and politics, and sparked by myriad allegations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein. Sixty percent of US women voters say they have experienced sexual harassment and more than two-thirds of them said it happened at work, a Quinnipiac University poll shows.

Rose had apologized on Monday for what he called "inappropriate behavior" but said he did "not believe that all of these allegations are accurate." His sacking now leaves in tatters a once glittering career in which he won three Emmy awards, the highest accolade in US television, and a Peabody journalism prize for his 2013 interview with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Earlier on Tuesday, "CBS This Morning" hosts Gayle King and Norah O'Donnell addressed the departure of their now ex-colleague and defended his accusers. "Charlie does not get a pass here," King said. "I can't stop thinking about the anguish of these women, what happened to their dignity, what happened to their bodies, what happened maybe to even their careers. I can't stop thinking about that and the pain that they're going through," she said.

"This is a moment that demands a frank and honest assessment about where we stand and more generally the safety of women," O'Donnell said. "There is no excuse for this alleged behavior. It is systematic and pervasive," she said. "Women cannot achieve equality in the workplace or in society until there is a reckoning and a taking of responsibility."

Syndicated nationwide since 1993, "Charlie Rose" had been a one-on-one interview show with prominent guests and had aired on 215 PBS affiliate stations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15