TalkAboutSexxx.com

Sex and sexuality news and information forum

 forum - business directory - image gallery

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:26 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Gay and happy to be so.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:00 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:58 am
Posts: 94851
Location: Floating in space
Alright, I'll start off this topic with a number of thoughts.

First of all, I'm quite sure homosexuality is something natural rather than man-made. I know there is yet no completely convincing scientific proof, although research tends to strongly suggest it's a combination of genetics and hormones, especially during the foetal period, but my gut instincts tell me this makes more sense. That's not to say homosexual behavior cannot be caused by nurture factors.

Also, from a personal point of view, I grew up in a very heterosexual environment, the military one, of loving, educated and honest parents, who would neither try to influence me one way or the other as a child. If anything, they would have preferred me being heterosexual because that would have made life easier all round. So nurture for me is out.

I also don't believe being homosexual is a matter of choice. Maybe at some times of human history there were periods where having sex with both men and women were society's "rule", as in the Roman and French decadent eras, but, in modern times, even in the tolerant West, to choose to be homosexual? No, I don't go for that.

Outside of the occasional trouble while growing up I can't honestly say being gay has ever been seriously problematic for me. And I know that's not the case for everyone. Although not being obviously gay, as some of my more effeminate friends are, may have something to do with that.

Either way, I have no problem being gay. My life has been and is full with love, laughter, friendships and all other good things that happen between humans. That's not to say it has been a bed of roses either. But I am what I am and proud of it.

Looking forward to reading what everone has to say, and please, do say what you think and feel.

Victor.

_________________
"My bed is my office."
Visit our Gallery, list your business in our Directory!


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Gay and proud
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:09 am 
Offline
Tentative Sexplorer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:05 pm
Posts: 57
Location: cowboy country
Victor,

You make some good points there. I can't believe being gay is man-made. If you grow up surrounded by straights and you turn out to be gay at an early age, now why is that? It's got to be nature's way of making you what you are. Otherwise there is no explanation.

I would say there are thousands of closeted guys out there, and girls who are really lesbians for that matter, who have not yet realized their true sexuality. They simply haven't addressed the issue, for whatever reason, perhaps because their upbringing, their family, has conditioned them to a certain way of thinking, or they tried to fit in to what the majority was doing, blocking off any thoughts for the same sex. Look at nature, there are gay birds, gay mammals, gay reptiles and even gay fish. You call THAT a result of society's pressure? Ha

I seen queer hosses, and bulls, and dogs many times, horny for each other.

Living outside a big city, I'm not completely out because of work but if someone asks me, I'll tell him, sure thing. I'm proud of who I am, just not "in-your-face" gay as some can be. It's becoming less of an issue, more folks are comfortable with gay people these days, but the religious extremists are trying to turn the clock back in some places.

It's worse for effeminate gay guys, they have to really hide or move to gay ghettos in big cities. They get picked on much more than they deserve. Of course, some provoke this, go looking for trouble by acting too weird around str8s, like dressing in some women's clothing or using make-up.

Would be real good to hear what others have to say on this topic.

_________________
Roving the range looking for wild game


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Gay is not man made
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:38 pm 
Offline
Tentative Sexplorer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:49 am
Posts: 102
Location: London
Women are nature's best thing. Homosexuality is part of nature. Men will never control it.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:25 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:58 am
Posts: 94851
Location: Floating in space
Try this little quiz and see how straight you really are compared to a "real" man.

http://www.straightacting.com/quizzes/guy/index.php

It's just for fun, I certainly wouldn't give it any real weight or value.

I came out as a 3.

Image

LEVEL 3 -- MOSTLY STRAIGHT ACTING

You lead a normal everyday life and it's 'no questions asked' as people just assume you are straight. Every once and awhile a very aware person might notice something that causes them to think 'fem' but it's a fleeting thought because you turn around and surprise them with more masculine traits before they even have time to fully analyze the last one.

Congratulations! This is your level. You may save this graphic (use your right mouse button and choose SAVE AS) and place it on your website or personal home page with pride! When you do, link the graphic to: http://www.straightacting.com.

_________________
"My bed is my office."
Visit our Gallery, list your business in our Directory!


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:16 pm 
Offline
Night Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 350
I'm as gay as they come, Victor. Not a manly muscle in me! And proud of that too. Hell, Jack of Will & Grace is positively masculine compared to me.

I'd feel like a lesbian if I were to have sex with a woman!

I've been beaten, called every name in the book and then some, but I am what I am and by God I will not be something I'm not.

My family knew of course but when I really came out and told them they were shocked anyway. Got me to see doctors and psychiatrists and everyone who might possibly have a "cure" for me. My childhood sucked and I left home at 15.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:56 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:58 am
Posts: 94851
Location: Floating in space
JimSonna wrote:
I'm as gay as they come, Victor. Not a manly muscle in me! And proud of that too. Hell, Jack of Will & Grace is positively masculine compared to me.

I'd feel like a lesbian if I were to have sex with a woman!

I've been beaten, called every name in the book and then some, but I am what I am and by God I will not be something I'm not.

My family knew of course but when I really came out and told them they were shocked anyway. Got me to see doctors and psychiatrists and everyone who might possibly have a "cure" for me. My childhood sucked and I left home at 15.


I'm sorry to hear that, Jim. I had a pretty easy time of it compared to many I've spoken to over the years. But then, I didn't really care what they had to say. It was something I wanted and I went out to get it. The family took some years to get used to it, some only recently are comfortable with it. I guess after almost 30 years they've given up hoping it will "cure" itself.

:-o

_________________
"My bed is my office."
Visit our Gallery, list your business in our Directory!


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Gay and happy to be so
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:08 am 
Offline
Night Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 350
It's alright, Victor, thanks. It's a long time ago and I have long ceased to think about it or let it bother me. I am perfectly happy being gay, not always happy about other things in my life, but as far as being gay is concerned, I cannot imagine myself as anything else.

Just the thought of being a straight man, I wouldn't know what that means in a subjective sense. And I would certainly freak out if I were to develop a desire for women at this age (as you mentioned somewhere I think regarding hormone shifts, etc.) I can only pray that will never happen!


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:09 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:58 am
Posts: 94851
Location: Floating in space
JimSonna wrote:
It's alright, Victor, thanks. It's a long time ago and I have long ceased to think about it or let it bother me. I am perfectly happy being gay, not always happy about other things in my life, but as far as being gay is concerned, I cannot imagine myself as anything else.

Just the thought of being a straight man, I wouldn't know what that means in a subjective sense. And I would certainly freak out if I were to develop a desire for women at this age (as you mentioned somewhere I think regarding hormone shifts, etc.) I can only pray that will never happen!


I hear you! I wouldn't want it either, but if it happens, as I said, so be it. I doubt very much that it will, I've seen little evidence of sexuality shifting in that way. There must've been something latent for that to happen, I think.

_________________
"My bed is my office."
Visit our Gallery, list your business in our Directory!


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Shifting sexualities
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:13 am 
Offline
Night Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 350
Yes, I can't imagine it would happen naturally. If it did there must be some documentation on it. Must be quite rare, and I tend to agree with you in that it must have been latent for it to happen.

But then, weirder things have happened with human sexuality.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shifting sexualities
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:16 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:58 am
Posts: 94851
Location: Floating in space
JimSonna wrote:
Yes, I can't imagine it would happen naturally. If it did there must be some documentation on it. Must be quite rare, and I tend to agree with you in that it must have been latent for it to happen.

But then, weirder things have happened with human sexuality.


Nature is still experimenting for sure. I think it doesn't really matter what your sexual orientation is, as long as you are happy with it. A lot of people really struggle with it. Guys that deny they're gay even if they only have sex with men, that kind of thing.

_________________
"My bed is my office."
Visit our Gallery, list your business in our Directory!


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shifting sexualities
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:42 pm 
Offline
Night Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:54 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Darwin, NT
victor wrote:
JimSonna wrote:
Yes, I can't imagine it would happen naturally. If it did there must be some documentation on it. Must be quite rare, and I tend to agree with you in that it must have been latent for it to happen.

But then, weirder things have happened with human sexuality.


Nature is still experimenting for sure. I think it doesn't really matter what your sexual orientation is, as long as you are happy with it. A lot of people really struggle with it. Guys that deny they're gay even if they only have sex with men, that kind of thing.


Are you saying I might turn lesbian some day? Wow, that would be a surprise! Don't think it will happen, to be honest. Never even considered it. But women are the more loving of the two. I can imagine an older woman alone might turn to another, I don't know.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:11 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:58 am
Posts: 94851
Location: Floating in space
I've never seen anything wrong with homosexuality. Sure, I've heard all the arguments and condemnations, it's unnatural, it's a defect, a physical disease, a mental disease, an abnormality, lately some religious nut called it a handicap. But in my own mind I've always seen it as something naturally occurring. I mean, once you look into the subject a bit, as I think every homosexual has done at some point in his or her life, you quickly realize you're no exception at all and that it homosexuality has been a part of humanity for as long as humanity exists. Hell, it occurs among mammals, reptiles and birds as well, so how unnatural can it really be?

Oh, the majority isn't. That's an argument? The majority isn't what - tall? Blonde? Multidexterous? Left-handed? Et cetera and so forth. I don't know the statistics but I bet there isn't a human on this planet that isn't part of one minority or another in some way. So what's the big deal.

_________________
"My bed is my office."
Visit our Gallery, list your business in our Directory!


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:10 am 
Offline
Night Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:32 pm
Posts: 254
Location: New York
victor wrote:
I've never seen anything wrong with homosexuality. Sure, I've heard all the arguments and condemnations, it's unnatural, it's a defect, a physical disease, a mental disease, an abnormality, lately some religious nut called it a handicap. But in my own mind I've always seen it as something naturally occurring. I mean, once you look into the subject a bit, as I think every homosexual has done at some point in his or her life, you quickly realize you're no exception at all and that it homosexuality has been a part of humanity for as long as humanity exists. Hell, it occurs among mammals, reptiles and birds as well, so how unnatural can it really be?

Oh, the majority isn't. That's an argument? The majority isn't what - tall? Blonde? Multidexterous? Left-handed? Et cetera and so forth. I don't know the statistics but I bet there isn't a human on this planet that isn't part of one minority or another in some way. So what's the big deal.


The majority isn't anything but idiots, Victor. Look around, how many people actually see what they're looking at?

_________________
Is that a stack of money in your pocket or what?


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: It's good to be gay
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:57 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:58 am
Posts: 94851
Location: Floating in space
Being gay has given me the chance to be more of a cynic in general, to look at things from a different point of view, to not accept things at face value. And to not believe religious or political nonsense. I would not choose to be heterosexual at this point given the choice.

_________________
"My bed is my office."
Visit our Gallery, list your business in our Directory!


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's good to be gay
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:24 pm 
Offline
Night Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:26 pm
Posts: 384
Location: Austria, Europe
victor wrote:
Being gay has given me the chance to be more of a cynic in general, to look at things from a different point of view, to not accept things at face value. And to not believe religious or political nonsense. I would not choose to be heterosexual at this point given the choice.


before i'm starting to fall into depression because of being heterosexual, i have to mention that not acepting the things society tells you can also be done as a straight person.... :D


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group