TalkAboutSexxx.com

Sex and sexuality news and information forum

forum - business directory - image gallery

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Lesbian news and issues
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

Lesbian news and issues.

Please add any posts or comments in this thread.

Thank you.

:smile:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:11 pm 
Night Stalker

*carefully opening the door and peeking her head in*

huh ? no lesbians here ?

*closing the door quietly again*

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject: Call to all Girlz.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, we have some Girlz on the team, but I think they've been PM'ing each other rather than come out with it.

8)

Post subject: Lesbians are quiet
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:46 am 
Tentative Sexplorer

desertrat wrote:
*carefully opening the door and peeking her head in*

huh ? no lesbians here ?

*closing the door quietly again*

Hi desertrat, how are you?

Yes, this room has been quiet. Of course no man should have set it up for us, we can do that very well ourselves (Victor!) but he's such a sweetie, trying to have everything ready for everyone so we feel at home that I can't get angry with him.

Anyway, to start off this topic properly, I think lesbians have been under-promoted so to speak in the general media. It's always about gay men this, gay men that. Just shows what a male-oriented society we live in... even when it comes to homosexuality men still rule the roost, or would that be the roost still rules the roost? And what good is two roosters on a nest anyway? Better have two hens, IMO.

:na na na:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:16 pm 
Night Stalker

*popping head in again*

am i welcome here - although i'm basically a straight girl *hangs head in shame*

though - salma hayek would make me question that again..... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:18 pm 
Night Stalker

and if i may say so, i agree with you. society does not acknowledge lesbians. the thing i heard most often was"she just hasn't met the right man yet" or "the way she looks she doesn't get a man". somehow that's even worse then agressive homophobia - it is killing by neglect.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:00 pm 
Tentative Sexplorer

desertrat wrote:
*popping head in again*

am i welcome here - although i'm basically a straight girl *hangs head in shame*

Hello, desertrat, of course you are welcome here, you are female, yes? Shame? About what?
:)

You are so right, "killing by neglect"... we are being ignored out of the light. By men, who think that two women is simply twice the sex, and by women too, who prefer not to talk about lesbianism as if ignoring it will make it go away, like a light cold, or a scratch.

Personally, I don't mind this ignoring too much. We do not suffer the prosecution our male counterparts get although it does happen and has happened. I am not one of those women that needs to tell everyone I am gay. I don't really care what people think, I have my own life and I consider it a private matter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:18 pm 
Night Stalker

SoftTouch wrote:
Hello, desertrat, of course you are welcome here, you are female, yes? Shame? About what?

that i'm the "outsider" here :sad:
just a joke - i just wanted to ask whether it was ok that i was here...

Quote:
You are so right, "killing by neglect"... we are being ignored out of the light. By men, who think that two women is simply twice the sex, and by women too, who prefer not to talk about lesbianism as if ignoring it will make it go away, like a light cold, or a scratch.

definitely. i actually wasn't aware of this problem until a lesbian friend of mine mentioned it. sure, i noticed that men frequently didn't take lesbians serious, but that it is done more or less systematically by society - i only realized that later on.

it's great that you dont care what people say. that's good for you.

may i ask whether you are in a relationship ? (myself, i am - talked about it in other threads already. i think i would get along very well alone as well, but being part of a "team" is really good for me...)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:23 am 
Tentative Sexplorer

desertrat wrote:
may i ask whether you are in a relationship ? (myself, i am - talked about it in other threads already. i think i would get along very well alone as well, but being part of a "team" is really good for me...)

Yes, I think being ignored or taken for granted is very demeaning. I am not so outspoken in general, as you seem to be, I am not a very tough person in this way. I try to resist quietly, but I get very upset when I am seem to be invisible to people, especially men.

I am not in a relationship at the moment, but I do have my own work and flat. My ex-lover was ten years older than me and she taught me many things, to be more self secure, you know, to not accept what others say or want from you all the time but to find ways to do what I want to do. It is not easy to follow that advice, I do not like to make people upset. But I have come out of my shell a lot since I met her. I have learned to go to bars, I was always too afraid and thought that all lesbians were these man-like creatures who are very aggressive.

Only going with her to lesbian places did I learn that, as with feminine men, they are more obvious but in no way represent lesbians in general. So much to learn...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:31 pm 
Night Stalker

the day we stop learning will be the day of our death :wink:

i think it's a good thing to learn to live by yourself before starting a relationship. unfortunately, i missed that. but i think i would get along very well alone meanwhile. i wasn't always that way, i had to learn it as well.

i can understand your impression of all lesbians being butch and "manly". first, it is society's prejudy no.1 against lesbians and second, of course butch women tend to be more visible. so, i guess it is time to say to the world "hey, here am, i am not ugly, i could have every man i wanted - IF i wanted men :D "

Post subject: Effeminate gay
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:22 am 
Site Admin

desertrat wrote:
i can understand your impression of all lesbians being butch and "manly". first, it is society's prejudy no.1 against lesbians and second, of course butch women tend to be more visible. so, i guess it is time to say to the world "hey, here am, i am not ugly, i could have every man i wanted - IF i wanted men :D "

That reminds me of a very effeminate gay friend I had that used to say "if I slept with a woman I'd feel like a lesbian."

:)

Post subject: Salma Hayek
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:16 pm 
Tentative Sexplorer

desertrat wrote:
*popping head in again*

Wanted to find a nice image for you, desertrat... to keep those creative juices flowing...

Post subject: Re: Salma Hayek
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:40 pm 
Night Stalker

SoftTouch wrote:

Wanted to find a nice image for you, desertrat... to keep those creative juices flowing...

Image Image

ok, you got me. hubby has to find himself another girl for tonight. :D

what about having a bath together with her ?

Post subject: Re: Salma Hayek
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:50 pm 
Tentative Sexplorer

desertrat wrote:
SoftTouch wrote:

Image Image

ok, you got me. hubby has to find himself another girl for tonight. :D

what about having a bath together with her ?

What a lovely idea...
:grin:

Post subject: Salma Hayek boobalicious
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:53 pm 
Tentative Sexplorer

It looks all natural to me... yummy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next