TalkAboutSexxx.com

Sex and sexuality news and information forum

forum - business directory - image gallery

It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:04 pm 
Tentative Sexplorer

Marcelo wrote:
There is still a lot differences in Spain between cities and villages. Many villages are not connected to internet or foreign television channels and very religious and old-fashioned. Many can also not read. Gay country people do not stay but come to the cities, it is safer and more free for them.

I suppose that would be good sense, given some of the rural attitudes about sex. But how does that work for women that want to be single, or lesbians for that matter. And a lot of young people also go to the cities because there is so much more of life on offer there, so they think. I'd say that in a lot of rural places old-fashioned attitudes about sex, relationship roles and homosexuality prevail, especially if the community is a religious one. That's bound to cause friction with the free thinkers.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:03 pm 
Night Stalker

JamesOP wrote:
I suppose that would be good sense, given some of the rural attitudes about sex. But how does that work for women that want to be single, or lesbians for that matter. And a lot of young people also go to the cities because there is so much more of life on offer there, so they think. I'd say that in a lot of rural places old-fashioned attitudes about sex, relationship roles and homosexuality prevail, especially if the community is a religious one. That's bound to cause friction with the free thinkers.

Life in Oz can be very remote. People can think very differently from one town to the next, you never know until you get there. But I don't think we got the crazies like in America, though. Even small town people are usually very friendly to strangers.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:42 am 
Site Admin

Heteropolitans: Goodbye Jude. And hello Kevin

Metrosexuals are so over. The heteropolitans are on the rise. Sadie Gray on why the Kevin McClouds outscore the Jude Laws
Published: 03 June 2007

They were the metrosexuals, men in their late twenties happy to embrace their feminine side. They were in relationships and many had children, but they weren't afraid to wear make-up, garish earrings and even sarongs.

Adherents -- epitomised by the super-groomed David Beckham -- were so obsessed with their appearance they crossed into such traditionally female domains as cosmetics and pampering treatments.

But now the metrosexuals are being elbowed aside. Here come the heteropolitans: men perfectly at ease with themselves, fathers who prefer nights in with their families to nights out on the tiles; guys who prefer shorts to skirts and whose skin only changes colour if they have been out in the sun. Typical alpha heteropolitans are Thierry Henry, David Cameron and Kanye West.

According to a new report, heteropolitan man is a "potential goldmine" for companies cashing in on this shift in male perceptions of image.

Globally, male cosmetic product sales are forecast to grow 18 per cent by 2011. Heteropolitan man will be spending record amounts on gyms, cookery books, electronics, clothes, home furnishings and expensive holidays, says the market analyst Euromonitor.

With marketing firms increasingly keen to divide men into distinct tribes, their targets can be forgiven for feeling confused and cynical about the latest labels: a bewildered minority wonder why they should care.

But increasingly, men do care. Psychologists say heteropolitans are driven by the human tendency to cope with life's diversity by categorising each other.

"We live in a pseudo pop-psychological age and anything like 'heteropolitan' sounds terribly valid," said Dr Aric Sigman, an associate fellow of the British Psychological Society.

"This is very managed masculinity that comes with designer stubble and a feigned interest in football, when your social background has no link with any of it. It's distracting from what's really going on, which is that people are becoming more atomised and narcissistic."

That "luxury of narcissism" came with the explosion of credit that transformed the Britain of the 1970s into a superficially affluent nation, he said.

French journalist Agnès Poirier suspects that, far from needing a label, smarter-looking men were simply a consequence of globalisation, having rubbed off nations where style was high on the agenda.

"In France it's just the norm. Looking good is a cultural thing," she said. "But in Britain there's this idea that looking good is slightly suspicious."

Metrosexual

Actor Jude Law, 34, sports classic British Savile Row and Ozwald Boateng tailoring, and carries a manbag. He has had anti-ageing oxygen facials and was a client of grooming expert Mira Hyde.

Heteropolitan

Designer, author and Channel 4 TV presenter Kevin McCloud, 48, wears understated jeans, smart jumper, hard hat and leather jacket. Only wears make-up when appearing on camera.

Further browsing: "The Metrosexual Guide to Style" by Michael Flocker

Quiz: Are you a heteropolitan?

Your tan is from...

A L'Oréal;
B Ibiza;
C Johnson's Holiday Skin - but only because it came free with the baby wipes

How long do you spend in the bathroom before a night out?

A Longer than you'll spend actually being out;
B Long enough to do a few gruff press-ups and kill a spider;
C Nights in are the new nights out.

The football team you support is playing. You are:

A Watching carefully to see who has the most attractive new haircut;
B Watching from the pub with 15 pints of Stella and enjoying manly hugs with your friends before going for a curry;
C Watching the baby while the wife gives the kids a bath, and working on your manifesto pledge for family tax credits.

When you watch 'Location, Location, Location' you find yourself wondering...

A Where Phil Spencer gets those lovely cashmere sweaters that show off his pecs so well;
B Whether Kirstie Allsopp wears stockings or tights;
C How the prices of four-bedroom homes in commuter towns in the Wallops can be so bloody steep.

Your girlfriend has gone out for the night. You:

A Raid her make-up bag;
B Fleece your mates at poker;
C Put the kids to bed and watch 'How Clean is Your House?'

Mostly As:

Oh no! You've been too busy waxing and grooming to notice that metrosexuality has gone completely out of fashion.

Mostly Bs:

Grr! You're a real übersexual man - and not in a gay way.

Mostly Cs:

Hello David Cameron; nice to find you reading the 'IoS'. Now, they call you heteropolitan; once they just called you a smug git.

source: Independent on Sunday

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

dragon wrote:
Heteropolitans: Goodbye Jude. And hello Kevin

Hmm, I come out B, whatever that's worth. :)

Personally, I prefer Homopolitans myself.
:grin:

Still, interesting to see how they keep reshaping heterosexual men. I wonder what they think of all this. Gone are the days of a pot belly from too much good food, and a couple of beers on the couch, loafers, jeans and a t-shirt. Shit, I miss it already, though I prefer a Breezer over a beer myself.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:04 pm 
Night Stalker

victor wrote:
Personally, I prefer Homopolitans myself.
:grin:

Still, interesting to see how they keep reshaping heterosexual men. I wonder what they think of all this. Gone are the days of a pot belly from too much good food, and a couple of beers on the couch, loafers, jeans and a t-shirt. Shit, I miss it already, though I prefer a Breezer over a beer myself.

I think a lot of straight guys don't really care too much what these people want from them. Certainly not most guys over 40 unless they got top jobs or something. It's all marketing ploys to make men as vain as women and sell them as much cosmetics. I'm glad men don't wear make-up, I also think too many women wear too much make-up. It's almost like a mask. A bit of liptstick and some eye shadow looks best, I think. And keeping your skin healthy by eating right and maybe some lotion, but none of this foundation nonsense, covering the whole face. It's bad for the skin.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:13 pm 
Tentative Sexplorer

In India there are places and moments where men wear make-up but not as a normal day affair. For festivals and the holy men sometimes paint themselves, I don't think they use moisturizers or foundation very much. :D

But I would not have any problem with modern men using some more personal hygiene products and taking better care of themselves. India has a tradition of baths and perfumes and with the hot weather this makes sense. I would not like a smelly or dirty man too close to me, it's not seeming.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:29 pm 
Night Stalker

Sheera wrote:
I would not like a smelly or dirty man too close to me, it's not seeming.

oh yes - good smelling men are definitely important ! there are still men around who think showering is meterosexual :-?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:43 am 
Site Admin

Erotic dreams conform to gender stereotypes: study

CHICAGO, June 14, 2007 (AFP) - Men may spend infinitely more of their waking time thinking about sex than women, but both genders dream about the subject in equal measure once the lights are out, according to a study released Thursday.

That surprising finding comes from a small Canadian study and flies in the face of previous research that suggested the gentler sex has far fewer erotic dreams than the male of the species.

But that's where the similarities end. For the most part, male and female sex fantasies, even in the land of nod, tend to conform to gender stereotypes, the author of the study said.

While women tend to fantasize about film stars, politicians, rock stars or lovers past and present, men tend to visualize themselves making love to multiple partners in public or unknown settings.
The women who took part in the study were twice as likely to have dream scenarios featuring celebrities such as actors Brad Pitt or George Clooney, or Irish rocker Bono, as their male counterparts.

The men, on the other hand, reported dreams featuring multiple sex partners twice as often as the women.

Flesh and blood lovers, past and present, turned up in 20 percent of the women's dreams but only 14 percent of the men's dream sequences.

In their fantasy worlds, the men almost never had to put their ego on the line and come on to a woman. In about 90 percent of the erotic dreams they logged and reported to investigators, the women made the first move.

"The men had women coming on to them -- at least in their dreams," said author Antonio Zadra, an associate professor of psychology at the University of Montreal in Canada.

The pattern may reflect a certain amount of wishful thinking given the usual social norms that apply in the dating and courtship world, Zadra said.

And finally, when it came to erotic dreams that dealt with sexual disappointments, the genders had very different tales to tell.

The women recounted scenarios where they were turned off by something that happened or the pace of proceedings. For the men, it was more often a case of their virtual partners refusing to engage in certain activities, or their sexcapade plans falling through for some reason.
"Maybe their demands were unrealistic even for their dream characters," Zadra said.

The study was based on interviews with 109 women and 64 men who logged their dreams over a period of two to four weeks. The volunteers racked up some 3,500 dreams, but just eight percent were erotic dreams.

As noted above, women seemed to have as many erotic dreams as men. This reflects an increase from what was reported in the 1960s, but that may reflect an increased willingness of women to talk about the subject or the fact that women are having more such dreams since the sexual revolution of the 1960s, or both, according to Zadra.

Zadra reported the results of his analysis at Sleep 2007, the annual conference for sleep scientists, researchers and industry representatives in Minneapolis, Minnesota Wednesday.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:34 pm 
Tentative Sexplorer

This is very interesting to me as in general Indian women are not very forthcoming when it comes to erotic dreams, much less than men who indeed like to emphasize how they dreamed of having multiple partners in their erotic dreams. I have not done very much study into erotic dreams and I had assumed more or less, not only that women have less erotic dreams than men but that they have them less frequent as well.

Now this is only a small study, as the article says, and cultural influences need to be taken into consideration but we are all human, male and female, and the basis of such studies can at times be accepted in a broader context. Be that as it may I am very interested in this aspect of sexuality and will endeavour to submerse myself into more about it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:26 pm 
Night Stalker

There are times I have erotic dreams much more than others, usually it's more frequent a few days before menstruation starts. (Do guys want to hear this? LOL) And it continues until a few days after. I guess it ties in what that period, that women are more susceptible to, what was that phrase you used, desertrat, get fertilised? LOL.

If there is a man I like it's not unusual to have an erotic dream with him in it. This can happen any time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:42 am 
Night Stalker

No, we don't Lily. Women don't have all those nasty things, a vagina is there purely for a man's pleasure, didn't you know? :na na na:

When do men have wet dreams? Better to ask when we don't! :o :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

And gay men are busy living out their wet dreams as frequently as possible!
:grin: :grin:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:28 pm 
Night Stalker

OneMan wrote:
No, we don't Lily. Women don't have all those nasty things, a vagina is there purely for a man's pleasure, didn't you know? :na na na:

When do men have wet dreams? Better to ask when we don't! :o :D

Yes, I had the feeling that would be a superfluous question. :)

But it's wrong to think women do not have wet dreams. Ever hear of the Knight In Shining Armor? Well, it's not only the armor we like hard.
:D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:03 pm 
Tentative Sexplorer

Feisty!

But yes, of course. Women have wet dreams as much as men, I think, and why not. Men really know too little about women, preferring to see them only in terms of convenience to them - the moons around their suns, et cetera.

Reality is much more polarised, we're different gender, not different species, and much goes for all of us in equal measure.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:53 pm 
Night Stalker

i agree with lily....i'm often embarrassed in front of myself about my erotic dreams....no attractive man is secure from my fantasies :whistle:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next