TalkAboutSexxx.com

Sex and sexuality news and information forum

forum - business directory - image gallery

It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:16 am 
Site Admin

Sony removes sexual innuendo-filled PlayStation 4 remote play ad
By Patrick O'Rourke
November 24, 2014

Sony has removed the controversial PlayStation 4 advertisement. Photograph by: Screenshot , Canada.com

Early Friday, Sony posted a PlayStation 4 PS Vita Remote Play advertisement on YouTube, featuring a suggestive female doctor and tired double-entendre cliches, all related to masturbation, but quickly pulled the ad after it was met with heavy criticism.

In the advertisement, the doctor berates the viewer with lines like, “are you afraid you’re doing it too often,” and, “in your bedroom under the blankets.”

The ad spot obviously rather unsubtly compares playing a PlayStation 4 to masturbation and targets teenage boys, ignoring the fact that women now make up 45 per cent of the gaming population. Boys under 17 only represent 17 per cent of people who play video games.

The ad has since been pulled, but Sony has yet to release a statement regarding the advertisement. The “doctor” marketing segment has resurfaced on a variety of YouTube user’s personal accounts though.

Sony isn’t the first company to resort to 90s style sexual innuendo commercials to market video game consoles and games. Back in 2010 Microsoft ran this ad for the Xbox 360. Microsoft also did this, back when the Xbox One launched in 2013.

Then there’s this ad for the PlayStation Vita from back in 2012, allegedly created by the same agency as the “doctor” advertisement.

Or check out these nostalgic gems.

Aren’t there better, more creative ways to market video games that don’t alienate a large segment of the gaming population? Yes. Yes there are. But these manufacturers haven’t learned that lesson yet.

Source: The Province.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

Rome prohibits sexist advertising in city
23 March 2015

Mayor Marino against ads 'using a woman's body in sexist way'. (foto: ANSA)

(ANSA) - Rome - A new regulatory plan on advertising in the city of Rome will enter into effect in the coming days, and on Monday Rome Mayor Ignazio Marino said advertising space would be prohibited to those who "use women's bodies or launch sexist messages".

"City advertising space will be able to be sold only to those who respect the rules in the new regulatory plan and so a woman's body can't be associated with images that objectify it or portray it in a sexist way," Marino said.

Marino reviewed the city's advertising code with respect to the "Friendly Images Award" (Premio Immagini Amiche) promoted by the Women's Union in Italy (UDI) and the Office of Information of the European Parliament in Italy, aimed at promoting communication that "goes beyond stereotypes".

Source: ANSA.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:44 pm 
Site Admin

Russian 'Uber for Boobs' Start-Up Tittygram Sees Business Boom
By Kevin O'Flynn
April 20, 2015

Courtesy of Tittygram - Moscow law firm Family Case enlisted Tittygram to advertise its legal services, which include divorce lawyers.

When Moscow law firm Family Case, whose website boasts a knack for "the delicate resolution of family problems," decided to advertise recently, it chose a new way to attract new clients: Tittygram.

Tittygram, a new Russian start-up website that markets itself as "Uber for boobs," allows anyone to send a photo with a message written on a young woman's breasts. In Family Case's photo, the words "divorce lawyer" were written just below the neck of a buxom woman with the firm's website scrawled below that on her pushed-up breasts.

"Divorce, tits, they're quite close to each other," joked Vladimir Bachurin, a partner at the firm, in a telephone interview Monday, adding that he found Tittygram "amusing."

To send a Tittygram, customers pay $9.95 and a model writes their message — maximum 35 characters — on their breasts, which are never fully shown and have no nipples in sight, and sends it on. The model's face is not visible either. The site, which launched at the end of March, has proved so popular that staff are working 24 hours a day and 2,000 photos have been sent out already, Tittygram CEO Vladimir Gritsenko told The Moscow Times on Monday in a phone interview from the Volga River city of Ulyanovsk where the company is based.

Most people use Tittygram to send birthday wishes or congratulations messages, he said. One message on the site has a drawing of Albert Einstein's head on a left breast and the equation E=m*c2 on the right breast. Models get at least 150 rubles per photo, he said. As with the taxi app Uber, there is a surcharge if demand is high, he said. The website donates 2 percent of its proceeds to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The company already has models from the United States, China and South America on its books, he said, adding that it was "open to anyone who has something to offer."

When U.S. fast-food chain Burger King in Russia used Tittygram to advertise its services, publishing a photo on Instagram with the words "I love Burger King" written on a pair of breasts, most — but not all — of the comments were enthusiastic. "Does Burger King need customers so badly that they will stoop to such vulgarity?" responded Anastasia Zarechenskaya. Another user, Katya Tarelkina, posted a link to a feminist campaign against sexist adverts with the tagline "If your product was any good you wouldn't need sexism to sell it." Burger King in Russia did not respond to an e-mail Monday. Gritsenko said that Burger King did not hire them directly and that whoever had ordered the photo, presumably an advertising agent, had paid the standard fee of $9.95 for the photo.

Gritsenko deflected accusations of sexism, saying that many of the models had previously done similar work for Russian websites such as VKontakte, the Russian equivalent of Facebook, as part of a Russian Internet phenomenon called "sign."

"Sign" also involved young women sending photos of parts of their body with messages drawn on them for money, or sometimes simply for "likes" on social networks. The website Silicon Russ posted a price list in 2012 that started at 40 rubles for messages on hands, with bare breast messages costing 100 rubles.

Gritsenko argues that like Uber for taxi users, "Uber for boobs" makes interaction between the customer and the supplier safer, as the models do not directly deal with those paying for the photos. "Nobody forces them to do it and they used to do it before and it was dangerous. This way it is much safer," he said. What Gritsenko did find vulgar is that when the site launched in the United States at the start of April about 20 percent of would-be clients wanted "bad words" writing, "which would be offensive for the models and for other people."

Two similar sites, titstamp.com and titisign.com have already appeared and were advertising their wares in the comments section of Buzzfeed, which wrote about Tittygram last week.

Source: Moscow Times.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Bus company pulls topless 'ride me' adverts after outcry
by Elena Cresci
Monday, 11 May 2015

A bus company has come under fire for promoting a new route with a poster on the back of its vehicles showing an apparently topless woman holding a sign saying “ride me all day for £3”.

The adverts, by Cardiff-based New Adventure Travel, prompted outrage in the city and on social media. The company, which runs services in Cardiff and elsewhere in Wales, including school buses, was promoting the launch of a fleet of new buses for a cross-city service in Cardiff.

At 11.30am on Monday, just a few hours after the campaign first appeared, the company said the adverts would be withdrawn. While the posters feature both female and male models, the female versions came in for particular criticism on social media.

Hana Johnson, who is part of the team who runs hyperlocal blog We Are Cardiff, saw the bus on her morning commute. She said: “I got stuck behind one of these buses in Canton at 8.45 this morning. With our following of 30,000 people, we try not to use We Are Cardiff to express opinions, but I felt like we had an obligation to the women and men of Cardiff to call this company out on the commodification of a woman’s body, and the trivialisation of prostitution. “I guess you could use the ‘it’s just a laugh’ argument, but in 2015 does a bus journey really need to be sexualised to market itself?”

The company was apologetic on Monday. “Firstly we have stated that our objectives have been to make catching the bus attractive to the younger generation. We therefore developed an internal advertising campaign featuring males and females to hold boards to promote the cost of our daily tickets.

“The slogan of ‘ride me all day for £3’ whilst being a little tongue in cheek was in no way intended to cause offence to either men or women and, if the advert has done so then we apologise unreservedly. There has certainly been no intention to objectify either men or women. Given the volume of negativity received we have decided to remove the pictures from the back of the buses within the next 24 hours.”

Source: Guardian UK.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:19 am 
Site Admin

Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano star in first gay Starbucks ad
30 October 2014
By Darren Wee

phpBB [video]

Rupaul's Drag Race favourites Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano star in the first LGBTI Starbucks advert.

The season six winner and runner-up filmed the commercial titled Coffee Frenemies for Canadian LGBTI channel OUTtv in June while performing at WorldPride in Toronto. Bianca may have helped Adore on the show, but she will not let her line-cutting protégé get between her and her skinny latte - which incidentally was going to be her drag name before she chose Bianca.

Starbucks has backed gay marriage since 2012.

Source: GayStarNews.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:47 am 
Site Admin

12 Gay Actors Who Play Straight Characters
April 20, 2015

towleroad.typepad.com

Acting is all about adopting an imagined mindset and matching the external behaviors of the character portrayed.

Even today, certain recesses of society has marked homosexuality as taboo, forcing gay actors to conform to public’s norm. However, nowadays, many gay actors are open about their sexuality and only pretend to be straight when the camera is rolling on a straight character.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com
1. Neil Patrick Harris
The swagger, style and general coolness of Barney Stinson, character in CBS sitcom, How I Met Your Mother lines up perfectly with actor Neil Patrick Harris’s overall public persona. But, while Barney is an unashamed pick-up artist and womanizer, Harris is in a committed relationship with actor David Burtka.

wallpapers111.com
2. Jodie Foster
Saying she’s fought for privacy since being a child star as a young prostitute in Taxi Driver, Foster finally acknowledged her former life partner, Sydney Bernard in her speech at the 2013 Gordon Globes.

themanwhofellasleep.files.wordpress.com
3. Ian McKellen
While Gandalf transcends sexuality as a wise wizard, McKellen has been openly gay for years, and publicly mentioned it on the talk show Anderson.

msnbcmedia.msn.com

4. Cynthia Nixon
Cynthia Nixon portrayed Miranda Hobbes in famed Sex and the City, in which four female friends search New York City for sex, men, and happiness. In real life, Nixon’s search for love ended up including a member of the same sex, since coming out as bisexual. Nixon, now married to Christine Marinoni, explained, “I’ve been with men all my life, and I’d never fallen in love with a woman. But when I did, it didn’t seem so strange. I’m just a woman in love with another woman.”

pridesource.com/a3.files.biography.com

a3.files.biography.com
5. Lily Tomlin
Lily Tomlin plays the wife and one half of the philosophical duo with Dustin Hoffman, among many other heterosexual appearances. In real life, Tomlin has been with Jane Wagner since 1971.

img1.nymag.com
6. Jim Parsons
Best known for playing Sheldon Cooper on CBS’s The Big Bang Theory, Jim Parson also played a character dating Zach Braff’s character’s mom in Garden State. In reality, Parsons doesn’t date women at all. He came out in 2012, revealing he’s been in a relationship with a man for 10 years.

i.dailymail.co.uk
7. Victor Garber
Though he’s played straight roles in Sleepless in Seattle, Legally Blonde, and Alias, Victor Garber has been open about his sexuality, coming out publicly in 2012.

static.socialitelife.com
8. Matt Bomer
In 2009, Bomer landed his first leading role as heartthrob con-man, Neal Caffrey, who falls in love with beautiful women while internally struggling between choosing a clean life over a criminal one. In reality, Bomer is happily married to publicist Simon Halls.

wordonthestreetdotcom
9. Raven Symone
The cute child of The Cosby Show and star of That’s So Raven, Raven Symone hasn’t yet come out publicly, but is said to be dating Azmarie Livingston, a contestant on America’s Next Top Model.

pbs.twimg.com
10. Sarah Paulson
While playing a heterosexual in American Horror Story and 12 Years a Slave, Sarah Paulson has been openly gay, dating actress Cherry Jones for a couple years before they split in 2009.

noh8campaign.com
11. Guillermo Diaz
Guillermo Diaz, who played heterosexual characters on Half-Baked, and Weedz, and currently does so on ABC’s new drama Scandal. Apparently, Diaz’s unfortunate compulsion to hide his sexuality attributed to his acting skills. In 2011, he told Out magazine, “I learned to constantly try to cover up the fact I was gay. That facade of being somebody I’m really not just to protect myself definitely helped with acting.”

littlejunkies.files.wordpress.com
12. Zachary Quinto
Famous for the role as villian, Sylar, in NBC drama Heroes, and the hero, Spock, in the recent film reboot of Star Trek, Quinto has been openly gay since 2011 and speaks often about achieving equality for the gay community.

Source: Starfluff.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

Sex Doesn’t Sell After All, Study Says
By Laura Colby
18 August 2015

Maybe sex doesn’t sell after all.

Commercials that feature sex and violence -- or appear on programs with that kind of content -- are less effective than those with neutral themes, according to a study published by the academic journal Psychological Bulletin.

Violent and sexual television programming impairs viewers’ memory because it diverts attention from the advertising, said Brad Bushman, a professor of communication and psychology at Ohio State University and co-author of the study, which analyzed the results of 53 previous experiments. Results were similar when ads themselves contained sexual or violent content, he said. “It never helps to have violence and sex in commercials,” Bushman said. “It either hurts, or has no effect at all.”

The study concluded that “brands advertised in violent contexts will be remembered less often, evaluated less favorably, and less likely to be purchased than brands advertised in nonviolent media. We also suggest that advertising in sexual media may not be as detrimental as advertising in violent media, but does not appear to be a successful strategy either.”

Bushman said his own earlier research didn’t find a significant difference in how men and women reacted to the different types of advertising. But the broader compilation of studies showed that violence and sex had a larger effect on males, he said.

The study -- co-written by Robert B. Lull, a former Ohio State researcher who is now at the University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg Public Policy Center -- found that some advertisers have already adopted these conclusions in their strategies. President Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign advertised on video-game sites, but avoided those of a violent or sexual nature. And Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world’s largest retailer, has done its own research showing that its advertising was 18 percent more effective when placed in family-friendly programming.

Source: Bloomberg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:36 am 
Site Admin

Real-life gay dads and their kid featured in adorable commercial for Campbell’s Star Wars Soup
6 October 2015
by Greg Hernandez

'Made for Real, Real Life' is tagline for new campaign. Dads channel Darth Vadar in new soup spot. Photo: YouTube

If the gay dads in a new Campbell’s Soup commercial seem to have a natural chemistry with the child in the spot – and with each other – it’s because they are a real-life family.

Larry Sullivan and David Monahan and their son Cooper are the stars of a charming spot for the soup giant’s Star Wars offering. Each dad does his best to channel James Earl Jones as the voice of Darth Vadar as they tell Cooper: ‘I am your Father.’

The spot is one of several with the tagline ‘Made for Real, Real Life.’

Yin Woon Rani, Campbell’s VP-marketing activation, tells Ad Age that the family was so appealing that their planned 15 second spot was extended to also include a 30 second version. ‘We use this phrase internally of this notion of “moment telling,” Woon Rani says. ‘We wanted to tell just very simple, telegraphic stories that didn’t always need the space of a :30. It was sort of a lucky extra because that story just ended up being so rich and so endearing.’

phpBB [video]

Source: GayStarNews.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:00 pm 
Night Stalker

phpBB [video]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21